NEUS Projects

Full Version: Cooldowns for Heals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So one of the things I find to be an issue with combat lately is how powerful some healing skills are.

Where someone can effectively win a battle through attrition due to having high defense, resistance and HP but also the ability to spam healing skills to effectively mitigate whatever damage they took.

Now when some people can heal over 200 HP per cast and then cast that twice per round, it's incredibly difficult to deal with without Silence or Interference.

Problem is, often with them being Curate promotions, they can just remove Silence. So that really only leaves Strangling Etacof to keep them silenced.

As for Interference, a good portion of methods to cause it use Status Infliction. Problem with that is healers also tend to build FAI for Light ATK and sometimes SAN which both jack up their Status Resistance.

So for reliable Interference against these high FAI and SAN characters, you need either Black Bolt with enough Void Energy, Overcharge Interference Shell or maybe if you're really high on status infliction, a Hexer with a lucky Black Static.

Now, I don't necessarily want to cut down on the healing's effectiveness. No, I think a fairer solution would be to prevent it from being easily spammed, thus cooldowns.

So I'd like to propose the following Cooldowns for these healing skills:

Malmelo - 3 Round Cooldown

This is because it's a map-wide AoE that heals a % of HP rather than Light ATK/spell power based. It's an understandably popular spell for Spellthieves to steal.

Phoenix - 3 Round Cooldown

Phoenix can cover a fairly large area but even moreso it can revive players too. I think it calls for this kind of cooldown.

Healing Discharge - 2 Round Cooldown

Not as strong as the above two spells. However, it is still a good AoE heal and can be spammed currently.

Medibot - 3 Round Cooldown
Only starts ticking down after it is destroyed. (If Salvaged however, the cooldown is 1 Round instead.)

An Overclocked Medibot can heal a grandiose amount. So a smart thing to do would be to push it out of range or just destroy it, right? Well, not really, since an Engineer can just throw down another one. So I feel like a special cooldown would be reasonable for dealing with both the potency and how it's too easy to just put back down.
I'd like for medibot to be a 2 round cooldown, considering it's only truly effective (to a ridiculous degree) whenever overcharged.. which requires 3m from the engineer (and 3m to summon the bot). So, keeping the medibot away, or even simply destroying it will cause a lot of grief...

The rest I can agree with though.
I agree with everything from the OP. Especially Medibot.
I agree with everything as well, Medibot is one of the most gross things to face at the moment.
Tempted to weigh in with Sderg on Medibot, especially when considering you're investing 6M for something that starts the turn -after- it's summoned IIRC from past experiences. [strike]Although said past experiences make me want to board the "No" train and slap 3 Rounds on it anyway. Q_Q[/strike]

Regardless, can't argue there's a need for some sort of restriction for current Heals (look at how badly Meditate was killed if an example is needed: people beat it into the ground until it was ~105-120 HP tops per 6M every other turn-- granted it has redeeming factors in other areas, such as the buff extension/debuff shortening and the wonky DR that seems off somehow).
I haven't seen any healer fix single targets better than a Medibot in all this time, and I'm sure people can back me up here.

As someone who actively uses Medibot, I think it deserves Slydria's proposition.
I agree.
I dig it.
Physician...spam heal thyself.

Agreed 100% with these. Spam healing is just so ridiculously easy without interference up in their grill.
I would have been more cruel and would have made silent prayer 6m instead of 3m that gives you IMMUNITY for some rounds as well.

Why does silent prayer cost less than normal pray? ARE WE TRYING TO SAY THAT NOT ALL PRAYERS ARE EQUAL?
Mercala op, plz nerf