NEUS Projects

Full Version: Twinking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So, as of right now you can't really do anything with items that you found on your grind mage, you have on one character, that would be transfered over to someone else, etc.

Not even between level 60s. This comes into being a bit of an issue wherein you want to make a new character, somewhat similar build, but need the items. Both characters are level 60 on either end of the trade (one even having a full LE book), but the item can't be given because it breaks the aforementioned rule of "twinking".

Twinking implies that I'm giving godly gear to a level 1.

I'm legitimately just not wanting to spend 10+ hours grinding OOC to get 2-3 specific pieces of gear on a character that can't grind at all because mages/aoe attackers just flat out do it better, and I am neither of those.

This isn't so much a "DEV DO SOMETHING". However it is me wanting to see how it weighs in with the general populace of the forums and see their opinions on the matter.

The suggestion:

Allow folks level 55-60 ignore the 'twinking' rule and be able to trade items between one another freely.
Everyone we know would be pretty much nodding until their heads fall off, we've already played this game over and over to the point of being called 'insane' by some, there would be more chances for player-made events if we had the freedom to ''make'' chars via repurposing from the level 60, BUT...

*shrug* It's hopeless to ask for this to be allowed at this point, after all those Twinking topics and further enforcement, whenever one asks for it to be allowed, an excuse is the first thing that always come and we have to eat them raw.

I don't even know why to harshly enforce something like alt trading, as if it's game-breaking. And I hate the dire moments where someone goes give my char food, but it was cooked by me 121293 days ago and I forgot that I traded them, or potions, jesus christ dancing hoola-hoola in the middle of afghanistan, the potions... then outta' nowere. "UR IN DANGOR OF BEIN B& M8, TWINKING SKROOB, RITE NOW WE R DIALLING DE FUN POLEEHS TO HARMBATON UR ARSE!1on!e!"
In my opinion, the old twinking guideline was adequeate and - I mean, really, I have like 8 Manic Slashers on my oracle (Translation: never going to attack from beyond 1 range because oracle) and it's quite frankly ridiculous to need to hunt for MORE on characters I might actually need one on!

I understand the justification for the twinking rule, but considering how many of us hunt for hours upon hours for that drop we want, forcing us to do it again is honestly quite cruel. Especially for rarities with such large pools of items; it's easier to get most non-boss 10* drops than it is to get some non-craftable 3 stars, even. Seriously. I am not making this up. I've deleted characters because I couldn't get items like an IRON SHOTGUN after THREE LEGEND EXTENSIONS.

Even if the restriction was that we have to be LE'd, okay, fine, at least that's something we can work towards without 100% dependance on the mercy of the RNG.
This rule is the devil.

I should know.
Never liked this rule, never will.
The rule is something I disagree with, also I can't count how many times I've traded items out to people for it to come back to me somehow through exchange, and I can't even receive it cause I had it once before, making me find someone with another one of those items.
Wtt armor of eyes for armor of eyes.

All the twinking rule does is force communism.

Need something? Better hope your friend got it. It's depressing to find a rare drop on the wrong character, as you're forced to let it rot or give it away.

The RNG nature of the game means there is no skill beyond grind speed to getting what you want. Restricting people from using potentially useful things for their alts just makes it far more complicated than it needs to be to get things.

See: I want a coral blessed magical sun. The character is not a smith or enchanter. I need a smith, then an enchanter, as if the smith cannot enchant it with the same character, I need to find a different player. And that's just for obtaining craftable items.

RNG spawned drops generally involve asking everyone you know, even if you've got 20 spares between your characters. If that comes up dry, you have to get your friends to drag the right character through dungeons while you pray it drops. Or make them grind themselves.

I've hated this rule since its conception, and I still can't see what benefits anyone might see in it, or why it should even be enforced. All it does is slow the building process down, and punishes anyone with more than one character.
I don't really want to get into this again. I've talked about this topic, at length, several times, and I don't see any reason to change the rule.
It's one minor change, that still stops people from twinking (giving a low level a powerful item), whilst allowing high level players the ability to break free of the communism that is RNG.

It's a problem that affects long time players (See: people who've played for a long ass time).

I tried to get an item earlier from some people, because I needed a set of ogata waraji's... Know what I got met with 4-5 times before I gave up?

"U R TWINKING. PLZ STAHP!!!"
'Some people' being your alts?
Pages: 1 2 3 4