NEUS Projects

Full Version: Material Conversion Kits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now I know this isn't a new suggestion but it'd be greatly appreciated if such a thing existed.

One-use craftable kits which would swap a piece of equipment's Material with another valid one. (I.e. Metal can only be swapped with Metal.)

Ideally, they'd be made at the Tool Creation menu. (Either using Tool Creation or the related Craft, i.e. Metal Conversion Kit could be made with Metalworking.)

They'd have a relatively low base difficulty but the difficulty varies based on the Material used, just like how it is with making Weapons. This would also save on having to make 20 Kits for each material instead of simply 3 Kits for the 3 material types.

As for the crafting costs, it would be say 5 of the Material you want to turn it into and then an assortment of miscellaneous crafting reagents. If this is too easy then perhaps we could consider a new rare crafting ingredient, maybe which isn't found in the usual way. (A rare placement in dungeons, like how fountains and fairy rings are?)
+1

That awkward moment where you need a very specific material for a build (due to weight or element, etc) and the item you need is 9*.
Honestly? I would say to put it in Alchemy instead, have the new rare crafting reagent be a Philosopher's Stone, and call it a "Material Transmutation Kit." Would give a purpose to having Alchemy greater than 3, that way, whereas Tool Creation is already good.
Oh boy, I'm getting the Gods Eater Burst shivers. Make this happen and give more use for Alchemy levels, please. (+1)
I'm not entirely against this but can't see it being allowed; it'd be nice but not getting my hopes up. +1
If there is a god, material kits will arrive in one form or another sometime in the near future.
"Exxy" Wrote:I'm not entirely against this but can't see it being allowed; it'd be nice but not getting my hopes up. +1

In the past, Dev has said it was a possibility.
*looks at his stash of 500+ items that arenĀ“t being used cause of wrong materil*

Oh boi.... All of my yes please. Let my endless journey for Arctic yukijins/spine lashes/Fenris end!
1.69b.