NEUS Projects

Full Version: Item: Gremory's Locket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just like it's SL1 counterpart, Gremory's Locket would be an accessory that has only one effect.

Immunity: Charm.

I think it'd be welcomed back happily.
I'd prefer it have a requirement similar to red cape, needing something to happen first to proc the immunity, but I can get behind it slightly.

I'm a little biased because I currently have 2 builds centered around using charms.
Immunity is a cancerous property. Should be something more like +X% status resist vs. Y status.
There are things that charm that do not require status affliction checks.

Immunity, or "If you take damage from someone, you become immune to charm from them for X rounds" Seems fair enough.

(Charm is a cancerous status effect that can literally let a vampire 1v4 a group of people and come out completely unharmed)
"Rendar" Wrote:(Charm is a cancerous status effect that can literally let a vampire 1v4 a group of people and come out completely unharmed)

^ This.

But I digress; it's better to nerf if-not-remove Vampire's non-sensical Charm effect (who is even charmed by a Vampire that's just gone off the deep end????) than to introduce an item to give a flat-out immunity for an effect that's a lot more tame in every other situation (that I can think of).

So I would default to Spo's suggestion, if we're going to add the item, of having said item function similar to a Red Cape: have it's effect trigger when a certain requirement is prco'd.
SL2 is less than lenient when it comes to status immunities (regarding equipment), and I think it should stay that way.

I think if we're going to just slap Charm immunity on an item, it should occupy a crucial slot, like the Hands. Otherwise, make it less 'immunity' and more 'advantage against'.
Well, Charm only comes from like three different sources as far as I know. Wink, Lunar Lunatism, and Sweet Leaf. It's not quite the as accessible as Ice Damage, Fire Damage, or even Fear or Hesitation, and we have immunities/absorptions for those effects. I think an accessory with just immunity: Charm would be fine. On the extreme end Charm is the most insane damage reduction in the game, so the item would be undoubtedly useful.
Well, IMO:

Quote:Reduces any Charm LV by 75% after taking damage from the causer.
Changes the Charm icon to a heartbroken icon, instead. (just for cosmetic reasons, I can draw that if Dev gives the 'a-okay'.)

It could be an item for those new Monster NPCs added, now.
snake if the person that charms you hits you at all the charm drops, the issue is Vampires will skip turn hit you at the end of the round, then laugh when you get charmed again at the beginning of the round.
It could halve charm level or something if the DR is an issue, let's not have 1 item potentially ruin an entire build, similar to how bravery doesn't give you total immunity to fear and hesitation.
Pages: 1 2