NEUS Projects

Full Version: Stolen Grace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Certain status effects are dependent on the user having something as their main class. Can we have these things apply in full if they're stolen?

The only example I can think of right now is Wraithguard, which is (presumably) only 15% DR if stolen by someone that isn't main classing Ghost.
I'd rather this not be the case.
Please no. We don't need that much Power being added to stolen Statuses (unless the person stealing them has the Class the Skill is from as their Main, I could see it being okay enough at that point).
Wouldn't make much sense, a stolen thing is something you just stole, and can't use it to it's fullest. So no.

I'd be extreme enough to say 'stolen buffs all should have half their effects', but that's needless work.
I don't see why there needs to be even more of an incentive to steal Wraithguard from a Ghost than there already is.

It also doesn't make sense why someone who isn't a Ghost would gain more a benefit from it.

I'd say the same thing even if it wasn't just Wraithguard that this applied to (as far as I know), in that it shouldn't be more beneficial to the stealer than the person who actually had it.

I could maybe see this being something a mainclass Spellthief would get, but not something rogues (or people with a cat mask) can get.
I'd honestly like to see it be a main-class-dependent, but not main-class-only, passive for Spellthieves.

"Adaptable Thief, 1 rank, innate

While Spellthief is your main class, you are considered to be a main-classed member of every class for the purposes of determining the power of beneficial status effects stolen from enemies. While Spellthief is your subclass, you gain a median effect from these stolen statuses, halfway between what a main-classed member of that class would receive, and what a subclassed member of that class would receive, for every class except your actual equipped main class."

So main-Spellthieves could steal a full-effect, 30% Wraithguard, as though they were also main-Ghost, but sub-Spellthieves would get a 22% Wraithguard (halfway between 15% and 30%, rounded down to the nearest integer), unless they were Ghost/Spellthieves, who would get the 30% Wraithguard whether they cast it themselves or steal it from an enemy.
Fair enough.