NEUS Projects

Full Version: En Guard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You can currently have Eviter and Stalemate active at the same time, but only one can apply per attack.

While this is more than fair, can this interaction be changed to prioritize whichever one would have a higher chance to parry, instead of arbitrarily only using one?
If both are active at the same time, it will be a problem. Eviter procs only on the duelist's front. Stalemate procs from the soldier's front and sides. That'd result in some godmod parry'o'matic that would make me Boxer harder.

Jokes aside, I don't really know if that would work since Stalemate and Eviter are different in nature, but it would result in a mess for sure, due to the way stuff got coded.
They already work together, but only one will work per attack, since only eviter will work from the front even if Stalemate has a higher chance of activating.

Please try to be aware of the facts before posting in the future.
I'll have to try this myself, yes. Not my fault someone wrote [Image: e1e8341e7bd641c2a3bcea7d707716a5.png], in what I made my assumptions from, thinking only the first parry skill equipped/active would be the one taking effect. And not as in, 'attack instance'-wise.

My bad.
Personally I've never liked the fact you can use both together. Granted I've always been under the impression if one doesn't proc you still have the chance for the other to (or I just have very bad RNG versus Stalemate users).
It prioritizes the one with the bigger reduction first, which would be Stalemate.
So Eviter only applies to autohits (and bows with PFA), then.

I think it'd be better off going with whichever has the higher chance, because less reduction is a whole lot better than no reduction.
I kinda assumed it goes like:

Being attacked ->Check if attack is valid for Stalemate-> If yes, roll for chance->If failed roll for eviter.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->If success, no more rolls.

This way front blocks are very likely from that person, while the stronger one is rolled for first and only if it fails the weaker one (eviter) Gets the chance to shine.
I donĀ“t think thats OP either since it pretty much only effects base attacks with Spear/Axe/Sword from the front, outside of this the skills behave differntly anyway.
I rather it picks one or the other and leave it at that (like Soapy said, whichever has the highest chance to proc). Both working in the regard "You can have one if the other fails" is over-powering and makes Duelist/Soldier Promo-Tanks even worse to deal with.