NEUS Projects

Full Version: Player Dodges The Attack But Was Inflicted With Lingering Damage!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You can completely dodge an attack while in Cobra Stance but status effects will still apply. Is this intended? The worst offenders are when I dodge Lingering Strikes from Animated Swords but still end up taking 100+ damage for several turns because the status effect still appiies.
I think it is intended, from before Cobra got changed.
It is probably intended, as the attack still technically 'hits' you, just negates the damage itself. This has been a technical thing since DH came out, actually.
You avoid damage, not dodge, I think. It's some sort of Evasion on steroids. Also, mark as solved, please.
I find it rather odd that you can auto-dodge the attack and still deal with something like a cut (due to Lingering Damage) or have a force-field of Ki (from Body of Isesip) and still have Lingering Damage proc through it despite the original attack being nullified.

If this type of thing isn't a bug it's still something that should be accounted for in terms of mechanics.