NEUS Projects

Full Version: [QUE] Builder-Crash Before DISCer Selection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It seems like if you try to use one of the Default DISCer Mapping Tiles >before< selecting it on your (fresh-spawn) Character you will crash due to this.

I'm fairly confident this is the method to reproduce it as after I changed/switched DISCers it was no longer an issue.

EDIT: It also appears I've died. Q_Q
Is this a BYOND crash or a server crash?
"Dream Seeker has stopped working," appears twice before the client closes by itself. It seems to be the same thing that happens when you crash from the Skill/Trait Window (Talent Window stopped crashing for me after the GR for it happened).

EDIT: So I would have to guess it was a Byond crash.

EDIT 2: It seems relogging and not selecting replicates this issue; I know for certain it was not previously like this.
What BYOND version are you using? The crashes don't cause rollback, do they?
They don't cause rollbacks (that I'm aware of, the house I found this out in wasn't one I owned and the house I have on the key I tested this on is already a blank slate so it's hard to know for certain) and the Byond version I use is the latest Stable Version.
I don't know if it's related to this bug or the other I stumbled across but the house also rolled back after I had made edits to it, I'm not sure if this was due to a reboot or it simply unloading.
That's odd but it could be related to the changes I made in the 1.68c version. Could you see if you can reproduce the fail-to-save for layouts? What exactly rolled back about it? What did you do to modify it exactly?
The tiles -and- furniture both rolled back.

I can try to reproduce these but I'm not sure how reliably I'll be able to (I'll have to experiment more with it on my house rather than a house I was editing for RP).

I'm not sure what you mean by modifying but I was working with both features that seemed to crash me (this and the F. Adjust issue I've posted on another thread) so it could've been either one or both.

I'll let you know more when I can, probably on a separate post than this one.
I logged in and the house rolled back again after I manually fixed the edits I made. . . do you think it's related to the recent changes you made? Q_Q

EDIT: I'm going to try to work through a plethora of ideas, but I may just be shooting in the dark at this point.

EDIT 2: I logged out and the house wiped itself -after- I crashed from attempting to F. Adjust. I'll be testing once more to see if it's actually this or if the house is just failing to save on log-out, unloading of the house or some such.

EDIT 3: I just found it rolled back -after- I left the house and it unloaded WITHOUT logging out.

EDIT (related to Build Menu-Crash from DISCer Selection): It seems to specifically be the icons that crash you when you select them -before- clicking on the text for the options (after log-in).
Is anyone else having this issue that might be able to shed some light on it? Houses rolling back is a very serious issue.

EDIT: I notice it's not marking furniture as updated if all you do is adjust the layer or pixel x/y positions, which I've fixed and isn't that big of a deal for the moment. It's also possible that it wasn't marking the layout as updated if all you did was add tiles as overlays/underlays, which is also corrected.

My concern is a situation where the house rolls back after, say, removing or placing furniture items or messing with their contents.
Pages: 1 2