NEUS Projects

Full Version: More Accessible Furniture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the advent of furniture unique to sellers that come and go, I think it stands to reason there should be -some- method available to obtain said furniture that doesn't rely on you finding the right seller around.

My issue with how it currently works is that it incentivizes hoarding a massive amount of said unique furniture items, thus clogging your inventory and drastically raising your load time into the game, lest you run out of it when you need it (and need to find that seller, again).

It'd be nice to reduce the clutter of furniture in your inventory somehow(such as alike furniture stacking), but my suggestion is focused on making the new furniture more accessible.

So, could we have some spot where all the sellers could be found without the need to hunt them down? Somewhere like the empty space in Chaturanga would be good for something like that, I'd imagine.
I'm fully opposed to this, unless:

1. The static sellers do not remove the caravan sellers from the game
AND
2. The static sellers are MUCH more expensive than the caravan sellers

Honestly, the mobility/time-sensitive state of the caravan sellers is a rather minor annoyance at best, and the 'hoarding' is a preference, much like one can choose to craft all the furniture at once or otherwise. Not to mention that the Caravan sellers offer a lot more to build on than just 'hey shop here'.

It would also make very little sense to have the caravan sellers around if a static source sold their items for just as much.
That's fine by me. I was thinking of appending 'make it more expensive to compensate' anyways. I didn't intend for this to replace the sellers, either, just offer a more reliable way to get them.

And, yeah, but with crafting you can always choose when to craft it at any time, so there's never any need to craft more than you need at that time (because Portable Science Kits exist).