NEUS Projects

Full Version: The Physical Wreckoning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently, it's possible to get 90-100% physical damage reduction (from def, etc) with relative ease.

I normally wouldn't mind this sort of cheese, but the fact that two classes give the exact same bonus based off of the exact same stat is probably a key part in why it's silly.

Can Boxer and Magic Gunner's WIL/4 not stack with one another? The fact that people can get absurd phys def with this is kind of silly, and even more silly whenever the same people are almost completely immune to physical damage.

Unpopular opinion and whatnot, but still something that could be looked into.
Pretty sure there's already a thread for this, but I think Boxer's thing should scale on CEL.
How can you get that much Phys. Def, exactly? A list of items/skills would be helpful.
I have a Hyattr, who's bases are perfect for this sort of thing, you run Boxer/MG and use MG purely and only purely for the Stand Off passive, which does the exact same thing.

[Image: f6a753c15b.png]

This is bit of a gimmick build as you can see, it suffers in a lot of areas to achieve the 100% Physical DR, items used are a Magical Comet so I can do damage, cloak of many colors for wind resistance, nullstone gauntlet as hand slot, firewalkers as shoe slot, Boulder's ring in my accessory slot 1 so I can achieve 83 defense, and sylph cloak in my accessory slot 2.

Additional effects include the god loyalty for the great wolf, which gives +5% physical DR at max LV to top it off at 100% on the dot.

Pros and cons of this build:

+I can literally turn an excel weapon or dagger crit to goo, and take 0 damage no matter what it does unless it vorpals
+I deal a lot of damage
+Loads of FP for boxer skills

-Shit Res
-Vorpal/Defense ignoring skills/bombs/grenades/retaliate/regenschauer
-No APT or SAN, destroying my elemental resistance too
-Useless subclass for anything outside of stand off, I dont even have points invested into literally anything else cause I dont use a gun
-Still able to get cheesed with buster cannon.

So while it's possible, it's definitely not easy to get, you have to full out dedicate to 100% physical DR, my suggestion would be nerfing overall physical tankiness in some way since it's overbearing as all hell but meh, I digress.
So what do you think is the best solution? Changing the two passive skills to function off different stats? Or changing the effects of one of them?
A different stat, for each, might make it better, but in the end, it is very likely for it to happen all the same with two effects existing that do the exact same thing.

Boxer already has a huge repertoire of skills that give it defensive use whilst also being offensive. Magic GUnner's defensive capability is in the debuffs that it gives, and hoping that you can take a hit if it comes to it.

I'd much rather see Boxer take the hit from the bullshit power house that it is, than MG get nerfed. So, Boxer getting changed so it's defense thing works off of CEL, or just outright getting a rework on it's thing would be preferable. And, yes, while Spoops pointed out the 'flaws' of the build...

Literally having 100% physical immunity is bullshit, no matter how ya cut it. Anyways, having it work off of CEL is a good idea, considering this class is, supposedly, about bobbing and weaving, with the only thing actually indicating this in their kit being the pseudo-evasion skill and that they get +evade based off of SS (I think).
Mine isn't even at 100% like that post holy crap thats alot.
"Rendar" Wrote:I'd much rather see Boxer take the hit from the bullshit power house that it is, than MG get nerfed. So, Boxer getting changed so it's defense thing works off of CEL, or just outright getting a rework on it's thing would be preferable. And, yes, while Spoops pointed out the 'flaws' of the build...

Literally having 100% physical immunity is bullshit, no matter how ya cut it. Anyways, having it work off of CEL is a good idea, considering this class is, supposedly, about bobbing and weaving, with the only thing actually indicating this in their kit being the pseudo-evasion skill and that they get +evade based off of SS (I think).

I'm inclined to agree with (most of) this. Also glad the 100% pre-buff/status Physical DR thing was finally talked about.
there's a long term solution for fixing general tankiness involving limiting/capping physical/magical DR based on your armor types, though I don't know if that's necessarily entirely related to fixing this skill. (Though please do tell me if you'd like to hear about this in some other thread.)

Having it scale from CEL is just not good either, CEL giving physical DR basically makes it like an Evasion check and makes a defensive stat give a defensive stat, while I admit that CEL is just not a good stat to build outside of character theme at this current moment, it could create major problems in the future with building dodge and off tank, which is a widely popular thing and at that an annoying one.

Instead I'd rather have this passive give you Physical DR similar to Ogatas or Weathered body, one's that don't stack in the character screen, based on your sturm level, a balanced number for this would be Sturm*1.5 I think, either that or these passives just don't stack at all.
"Neus" Wrote:So what do you think is the best solution? Changing the two passive skills to function off different stats? Or changing the effects of one of them?
Just make it where only one of these skills can be equipped or apply at any given time.
Pages: 1 2