NEUS Projects

Full Version: Missing Gods 2: Electric Rougarou
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gods for the God God!

Blessing of Argentyle: +LV*2 Poison Level, +LV% Poison Resist. Some kind of snake fang as prayer tool?
Blessing of Enma: +LV% Damage dealt to enemies at 50% or less HP, doubled at 25%. Some kind of weighing scale as prayer tool?
Blessing of the nameless god: +LV*2 Guard Level, +LV% (one of Water/Fire/Light) Resist? Some kind of scale as prayer tool?
Blessing of (God/dess of Love): +LV Charm Level? +LV HP/FP Regen while Charmed or have an enemy Charmed by you? No idea on the prayer tool.

Edit:

Blessing of (Gaia/Nature/Sigrogana/whatever): +LV*2% chance of extra material while harvesting, +LV% Earth Resist, +LV statistical boost to Song of Nature boosted flowers for Doriad. Glowing Inas as prayer tool?
A few more gods couldn't hurt even if there is a lot right now, gives a bit more diversity amongst characters.
The more gods, the better. Gives more options for both builds and roleplay. I approve.
I'm not a fan of any of these effects (sorry but no to the idea).
Argentyle has it's own blessings, they're three, they cost 20 Murai and they're scattered around the snake dungeon. It totals in 30% Poison Resist, +2 HP regen and immunity to poison tiles for 20+ rounds.

Enma is a bit meh, don't think people would praise the judge of the afterlife as a divinity, the max this thing might do is pat pat you before sending to heaven/hell for receiving prayers.

Nameless god, maybe, but sounds a bit strong to give extra 5% guard for a prayer, further making people want to go OOC Prayer meta. *waggles eyebrows*

I'm fine with the god of love one, though, all effects listed. Charm is quite rare outside Vampire's Lunatism, and that might be changed in the future. (I hope.)
Alright, now that I'm home from work:

"Snake" Wrote:Enma is a bit meh, don't think people would praise the judge of the afterlife as a divinity, the max this thing might do is pat pat you before sending to heaven/hell for receiving prayers.

Nameless god, maybe, but sounds a bit strong to give extra 5% guard for a prayer, further making people want to go OOC Prayer meta. *waggles eyebrows*

It's actually 10% extra-Guard at Max Rank, which is even worse.

As for Enma, please just no. I would be fine if it was like a static +LV damage with just a single threshold at 25% (as in simply adding 1-5 like how Claret Call does) but a multiplier is too much, even at 5% (this is more of an issue for hard-hitters or going against squishy-ish characters but still no bueno; gives another boost to EI if implemented like other multipliers).
I think you misunderstood. As written, Enma's blessing functions more like a mini-execute, giving you a small bonus to damage inflicted against targets who are near death, not a small bonus to damage while ~you~ are near death. EI will pretty much always kill someone who's at 25% health.
I think you also misunderstood too. 5% more damage at enemy 50% HP, then 10% more damage at 25% HP is not good at all, especially combined with Execute or Ether Invitation. It would be pretty cancerous in PvP, to the point of every single one person going for it. (Imagine multi-shot guns getting extra 10% damage on each bullet? Nice, but... nah.)

However, if it only worked against monsters, summons and turrets. I'd buy it.
"Snake" Wrote:Imagine multi-shot guns getting extra 10% damage on each bullet? Nice, but... nah.
I'm not sure you understand how multiplication works.

A 4 round gun that deals 10 damage per shot would deal 40 damage total.
A 10% increase would make them deal 11 damage per round, or 44 damage total.

But in terms of balance, this particular one could also very easily give a similar "increased damage taken" effect.
"Snake" Wrote:However, if it only worked against monsters, summons and turrets. I'd buy it.

This or being something like +Lv (static damage; again, much like how Claret Call functions) is the only way I can see the suggestion for Enma's to be approved.