NEUS Projects

Full Version: Conduiz's effect should be an enchant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Honestly, I really like Conduiz's effect for casting stuff, but on the other hand I really think it's effect is too powerful for a material, hell we had to nerf Rockdirt a long long time ago because of this.

I think the effect for using the weapon as a casting tool should be moved to be an enchant instead, is this a little much to ask? I'd like to discuss

Enchant: Mystical (Godly) - Buyable with 2 legend inks or found in the same drop pool as Divine/Vorpal

Mystical - Weapon is counted as a casting tool for the element it's material is associated with. (Galdric = wind, Conduiz = Lightning, etc.)

Possible downsides: -50%/75% Weapon durability, Spells work at 75% effectiveness

What are the thoughts on this?
I don't think it should be a legend ink enchant

I'd say make it a normal findable enchantment, same rarity as rebelling.
I agree 100%, and agree on the downside of less weapon durability. If spell effectiveness is lessened, then I think it should be 80% instead of 75%- even though the difference is small, I just feel like 80% is better for whatever reason.
Sounds like a good idea to me.
I agree with that all, including it being a Godly enchantment that needs a Legend Ink-only catalyst.

Conduiz was not the best solution here, especially because Nature spells are the most damaging ones, due to the possibility of critical hits, it's terribly unbalanced, and people are getting trigger happy with it, running Ghost/Evoker and spamming Ether Invitation for 500 damage, followed by a Critical Hit of Ryemei for more 500.

That's pretty cheap.

Anyway, if in need of icons, here you go.
Thank you Kunai, I do agree somewhat with that but that's to be expected with 2 burst classes paired together, at least in this form it takes up the enchantment slot which is pretty crucial as well.
once again, I don't think we need more godly enchants.

making them godly just puts them behind a grind gate/paygate

making them Drop only enchants makes them rarer, and at the same time more obtainable/fun.

I don't think enchantments should have heavy downsides, thats what curses are for. (especially decreased durability to that extent, that would make pve so bad)

decreased effectiveness should be added in later if after testing it seems too bad.

If anything having mystical change the weapons scaling to 1/2 original scalings and 25% element and 25% willpower.
Well, -50% durability is not too heavy of a downside, its to reflect the weapon becoming a casting tool(At least I imagined so, because Conduiz also gets -durability), thus maybe becoming a bit more brittle as a result, I'd like to convince you that making it a godly enchant is just the better option, having it be common place like rebelling would be catastrophic, but making it as uncommon as vorpal and divine enchants would make it a lot harder to consider which of your weapons would get said enchant. (It also makes getting a good one of these as loot a huge payboost)

I suppose most Godly enchants don't have downsides, and that's mostly left to special enchants like Rebelling(-5 accuracy) and Mutation/Giant gene (+weight), however I do think the nature of the enchant would be powerful enough to deem it godly, and be left to the same skill level as godly enchants should be, which is rank 5 enchanting to even 100% enchant a catalyst as powerful as that.

I don't wish to argue with you about it, I'd just like to help you see why a few others in the community also see it this way.
Not really interested in changing it.
You aren't? Even if the effect itself is way too powerful to be a material? I'd like to hear your reasoning if possible.
Pages: 1 2