NEUS Projects

Full Version: The X-Profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most copyrighted songs on YouTube aren't able to be embedded because, well, they're copyrighted. This means they won't work as profile BGM.

Can this feature use a different site, or continue to work as is but optionally allow direct linking to mp3 files?
That would be great. There's songs that aren't on Youtube that I would love to put as Profile BGM.
It's possible to just upload the song to YouTube yourself and make it unlisted.

Better to have players do that than increase server load, I'd think.
More of a stop-gap solution I guess but couldn't you just upload the song yourself on an unlisted video, or do the corporate machines police those too?
YouTube automatically identifies and flags copyrighted content.
Yeah, the "Content ID" system is ridiculous. Someone will upload 20 minute a private video for family and friends that they didn't want most people to see with like 3 seconds of copyrighted footage in it as part of a gag, then it gets flagged, made public, and monetized, with any ad revenue going to the holder of the 3 seconds of copyrighted content instead of the person who made the other 19:57 of it.

That said, I also don't want SL2 to just turn into a radio broadcast and I'm fine with it being limited to what you can find on Youtube.
The way the profile music system works relies on YouTube, so probably not.