NEUS Projects

Full Version: Large firearm hit penalty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Along with the idea of being able to two-hand firearms, we come to a certain thing that has been in use.
http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4299

One handing normally large/heavy recoil weapons like shotguns or sniper rifles with ease.
Normally, They would be a tad too large to properly aim, especially with one hand.

If you're using a certain firearm such as any rifle, shotgun or even the jackhammer. You will suffer a hit penalty of around -50 hit due to your shoddy stabilizing.

Handguns such as the normal peashooter or the quickdraw are fine, thanks to akimbo and all.
If you do decide to wield any of the large weapons with the two-handed grip of it, you'll ignore the hit penalty.
plz i want to be an anime.

like maybe shotguns and rifles could stand to be moderately heavier for BW but this seems a bit much just for realism.
Well in this game they are magic guns....
You could argue it makes sense realistically but I don't know if they really need such a huge penalty.
Jackhammer already suffers from the Far Shot penality sometimes, and if you don't have GOOD SKI, you'll never hit anything. And you need a tad bit of STR to carry them in battles if you want a powerful 'boom'.

Shotguns are quite the rare sight and often useless compared to rifles due to their lack of range and power. This could be addressed, maybe change the Magic Gunner's skill that gives Shotgun power, to give Crit Damage, like VA does. (It's the only thing that 'saves' daggers from sucking, it should do the same to Shotguns, make them the firearm's 'dagger' style.)

Rifles are usually lighter than shotguns, and the only rifle we have access to is mandatory to be used together with Excel Gloves, giving the 'two-handed' sense. The other rifles are a bit too 'eh' scaling wise. (not counting 10* items)

Overall: We have ore materials that can make a Mechanation weight less than a child's punch and weapons are powered by Focus not by magazines or any special lead clips. It wouldn't bring anything but "Hey, you must get this talent." In which I 'think' Dev tried to headbutt out of his game, the mandatory-ism we had post-GR with things. Sure, makes sense, but at a pretty nifty cost.

So I say, better not chap.
I think the "two hand" talent is making people forget what's important; it's a mechanical bonus based on the restrictions imposed by only carrying one weapon.

Arbalests, however, are proof that two weapons is NOT STRICTLY DUAL-WIELDING. Try to fire a bow with one hand while carrying a heavy axe in your other, I dare you. No, seriously, I dare you to do it. Do it. If you support the first post, do it. DO IT. THAT'S RIGHT, YOU CAN'T! (And before you try to say something like "Oh, use your teeth" or something absolutely moronic, read up on draw weights of bows and how much strength it actually takes to use one. You literally cannot use one with one hand, unless it's a child's toy.) Yet! Their secondary weapon and cannon skills are the literal point to the class, so if two weapons automatically means things are strictly one-handed, then wow, they can't do anything at all ever.

Scabbards. Holsters. Harnesses. Even just poking a spear into the ground momentarily as you use a ranged weapon. You can put weapons away and take them out. Two Hand is just a bonus to offset the inflexibility of lacking a second weapon. This thread is nothing more than salt against guns.
KONO RANY DA!

But I agree, except for the offensive and destructive parts.