NEUS Projects

Full Version: I WILLfully Agree
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
but people without willpower already suffer, their fp is god awful If you don't get enough will to hit exceptional will you will never see more than 200 fp.
The nerf to defensive mage casting will come from nerfing defensive scaling casting tools and weapons. You already need Will to cast from every tome except the Verso iirc, and those are notoriously rare.

The blanket change suggested isn't really making Will better, it's just making everything else worse to compensate. Which in the end will just make basic attack builds that don't rely on elements stronger. That's why I think that it's best to improve Will by making it do more rather than making everything else do less. Dumping Will will leave you with no FP to cast with, very little tome scaling, and none of the suggested bonus. One stat also shouldn't be needed for every build which doesn't solely basic attack. Not every mage casts with those three elements, so nerfing everyone to get to them doesn't make sense.

But in the end, whatever changes go through will be tested and refined. I just hope that my point is getting across.

(Also sorry if this comes off ranting or repetitive, using mobile.)
I think Chaos's first suggestion is fine on a basic level, so long as it doesn't go any higher than 25%. Pre GR, Will was a mage's "God Stat" in the sense that you basically didn't need anything else if you could nuke things into oblivion quickly. Which I hated, but moving on. As things stand now, a tank mage can be capable of high damage with low will, by primarily building for defensive stats and using a tome that scales with said defensive stats. So this seems to be a good balance of "hey, take your will" and "You can't just builld Will to become the ultimate caster."
I have no desire to return to the days of 'WIL = god' either, so don't worry about that. I do like the fact that people specialize now and feel that's more interesting on every level than 'I have 80 WIL so the entire library of magic is a piece of cake for me'.

That said, the ones that stick out to me the most among the defensive scaling weapons are, and some ideas for changes to them:

Mythslayer (15% STR, 85% DEF) -> 55% STR, 45% DEF
Ensui (50% STR, 50% VIT) -> 75% STR, 25% VIT
Riversword (50% STR, 50% VIT) -> 70% STR, 30% VIT
Stage 1 and Stage 2 elemental tomes for Water/Earth/Dark (60% Defensive Stat Respectively) -> -20% Defensive Stat, +20% WIL

I don't want to completely gut the defensive scalings for all weapons because some of them are pretty mild; even 50% DEF/RES isn't a -huge- deal. 50% VIT stood out to me because VIT is a more general defensive boost that everyone wants, whereas DEF/RES is more specialized.

Thoughts?
sounds nice for those.
I WILLfully agree. Though WIL should have an extra pomf to it, but nobody knows what to implement. Any poke and we make the balance crumble apart.

Why not give WIL uh... HP/FP recovery? +1 HP/FP Regeneration per 15 WIL, or something? Atleast it gives Llunel's Decay something extra to chew on.
I actually kinda like that, aslong it doesn´t get to high 10 scaled will/1FP maybe. Against HP however.

But else I would maybe combine Spos idea with my own. Give it the Apt treatment, just that you get every 6 scaled will 1 Elemental atk ONLY for the element which starsign you have chosen?
"Neus" Wrote:That said, the ones that stick out to me the most among the defensive scaling weapons are, and some ideas for changes to them:

Mythslayer (15% STR, 85% DEF) -> 55% STR, 45% DEF
Ensui (50% STR, 50% VIT) -> 75% STR, 25% VIT
Riversword (50% STR, 50% VIT) -> 70% STR, 30% VIT
Stage 1 and Stage 2 elemental tomes for Water/Earth/Dark (60% Defensive Stat Respectively) -> -20% Defensive Stat, +20% WIL

I don't want to completely gut the defensive scalings for all weapons because some of them are pretty mild; even 50% DEF/RES isn't a -huge- deal. 50% VIT stood out to me because VIT is a more general defensive boost that everyone wants, whereas DEF/RES is more specialized.

Thoughts?
Pretty good. If nothing else, it'll be a good starting point.

"Snake" Wrote:I WILLfully agree. Though WIL should have an extra pomf to it, but nobody knows what to implement. Any poke and we make the balance crumble apart.

Why not give WIL uh... HP/FP recovery? +1 HP/FP Regeneration per 15 WIL, or something? Atleast it gives Llunel's Decay something extra to chew on.
....Why would we give HP/FP regen to an offensive stat?

I don't think the Monkeys and Typewriters solution is going to help.
willpower is more of a core stat like Vit luck and skill

Vits the HP stat
Skill is the Hit chance stat
Luck is the Crit chance stat
Willpower is the FP stast

Just like people who dump Vit have low hp, People who dump willpower have low fp, they suffer in sustainability in combat and in PVE between multiple fights.
Not actually true, but okay.

I guess the weapon bit is fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6