NEUS Projects

Full Version: Sell Your Soul [Haunted Soul]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Haunted Soul, since the release of the haunted manor has been on a steady rise among the PvP scene. And why not? It's a deceptively good curse to stuff onto your weapons. It counts as Doomed for the sake of Sayakana, applies at the very least -15 to hit through the application of Fear if you have the bravery talents and twice that if you don't.

It has synergies with both Black Knight, Ghost and melee Hexers, allowing them all a free application of the status effect, Black Knight of all benefiting the most out of everyone. It's also the most easily achieved curse in the entire game, bar the arena-bought catalysts.

And what's the price for your soul? Nothing. At all.

I suggest we make Haunted Soul give the 'Possessed' racial type in terms of drawback. It's certainly strong enough to warrant it.
Considering the Spectre Sword, the original, exclusive Haunted Soul item, is the signature weapon of the Spectre Knight, I'd say this is fitting.
Oy vey, it will hurt the ones who got it for the sole sake of Sayakana for resist purposes, but again, sure, it's necessary to have a drawback, else it wouldn't be called a 'cursed' weapon in the end.

Though nothing against something more unique than 'just making the wielder of this curse be spooky and weak to holy enchant'. Like -50% Darkness Resistance for a change. Maybe both? :^)
I would be fine with any kind of substantial drawback to the curse. And if you don't want to feel the drawbacks of it, simply using a different curse could solve the issue. Bloodsoaked, for example, doesn't have any PvP consequences. The drawback is that it doesn't have any PvP strengths either.

I do think -50% darkness resistance is too much, though. Maybe it could lower status resistances instead by a substantial amount? We've no curses that does that.
That status resist drop sounds good to me, honestly.
By what? 20%? 25%?
I think 25% is a fair number to work with for status resistance drop, that's my opinion.
I agree. 25% is a good number.
yeah that seems fine
Sure, seems fair enough.
Pages: 1 2