NEUS Projects

Full Version: Fleshing out ideas for Guilds and RP stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2259#p2259 Wrote:Neus ยป Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:30 pm[/url]"]

There might be something here, but keep in mind that the opposite end of the scale isn't always better. When people have too much influence, the game becomes like Eternia, where it becomes difficult to even play the game if someone 'in power' feels like ruining your day. I want the game to be able to be enjoyed by everyone.

That said if you have any ideas that could work well with that desire, that you post them in the suggestions forum.

So the main issue I think people have with implementing guilds is because it seems more like just a list of people with the same goal forming a team (and there's no reason you can't already do that). However, keeping the above quote from Dev in mind, I believe there's a way we can implement a guild system that isn't just a list of people on paper and more of a way of influencing the world in RP.

And this would be by making them more official and both RPly requiring approval from some in-game authority figure (whoever the emperor has looking over Cellsvich) while OOCly requiring approval from some admin. These guilds would have a main purpose that clearly benefits Sigrogana in some way and doesn't overlap so much with other guilds that you've got 2 guilds doing the same exact thing (so there could be a trader's guild -they'd sell miscellaneous goods-, fishing guild, adventurer's guild, smithing guild, etc).
They would be well-known and immediately popular if it fits their theme. So it would be implied that anyone that doesn't live under a rock knows about every official guild and even if there are only 1 or 2 actual players in the guild it's also implied the guild is filled with NPCs.

The system I'm thinking of would be where you have Guild Halls located in each major town similar to Asago Buildings with the main Guild Hall located in Cellsvich (so there would be certain features you couldn't access unless in the main guild hall such as registration or creating a guild). Along with the approval of an admin/gm/somethin, in order to register a guild you'd need at least 3 or 4 other people willing to join your guild (they'd have to be in your party similar to how you join a group match at the arena) and you'd need some Guild deed item thingy that's given to you by an admin or dev or something (like a house certificate).

Features for guilds could be:

A shared bank for the guild. You can deposit and withdraw items and murai freely unless a there's a restriction set by the guild leader (such as recruits being only able to store things while a rank higher than that can withdraw things) and there would be much more bank space compared to a normal player's bank (and you can purchase more bank slots for your guild).

A shared guild shop. These shops would function like a player owned shop and anyone in the guild would be able to put an item in and set a price for it (the guild leader would able to choose which ranks can put stuff in). These shops would be different because they'd be set up for an indefinite amount of time (hey there economy, how you doin?)

A guild house (maybe). I'm not too sure about this one but it's an option -shrug-.

Guild Perks. When making the guild, you get to pick a permanent perk for your guild to help your guild excel at whatever it's intending to do (so there's some incentive to make a guild and join one). Perks could be something along the lines of

Specific crafting bonus: You pick a craft and you could either get increased exp for that craft or an additional skill level when doing that craft (maybe both?)
Super Haggler: It's like Haggler but you get to stack it with Haggler. Haggle. (go go team merchant)
Combat bonus: You get increased exp after combat for both your character level and your class level.
Fishing bonus: You're more likely to find large fish and there's a chance of not consuming bait when you get a catch
Super Harvest: It's like Harvest but you get to stack it with Harvest.

So basically tl:dr, I'm looking for a way to promote meaningful RP (so you can actually have an impact on something in-game) and I'm thinking official guilds in RP can help achieve that goal (emphasis on this for a sec, topic is for fleshing out this idea to make it more in line with this theme, not a "we need guilds rite nao" topic). If anyone has more ideas and stuff, throw them in this topic.
Being able to have an 'allow guild only' for houses would allow people to use them as guild halls or a series of guid outposts.
I'd be for that, seems like a good alternative since a guild houses doesn't seem necessary to begin with (which is why I'm iffy on that but I wanna see what people have to say about it)