NEUS Projects

Full Version: Two souls fighting as one (Install discussion)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Install has been notorious in the past as being an all stat booster that was relatively safe to use, giving the summoner a great deal of utility and yatta yatta, but a long time ago it got nerfed a whole bunch and as of now it's mostly just utility sake.

I have a suggestion on how to make install cooler and more thematic(I guess this is more of a suggestion but I think it'd make install more fair in general), but still keep downsides.

Install gains a permanent duration.
Install now has an FP Cost per turn. (FULL cost of summoning the same youkai, at lvl 60 that'd mean 17 FP Cost per turn)
Uninstalling a youkai would now be a skill you could use.

Install would automatically end once FP is fully drained.
Ranking Install would decrease the FP Cost per turn.
Ranking two souls beyond would decrease the FP cost per turn
Having the mechanation passive that gives install duration would decrease FP Cost per turn.

possible counters:
Interference breaks install and disables install completely until the duration runs out.
Damage threshold that'd 'break' the bond between and dispel install.
FP Drain until install runs out.

Any thoughts on something like this?
But install is weak right now, it actually lowers stats.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:But install is weak right now, it actually lowers stats.

Its alright, and you're not picking out your installs carefully if it lowers your stats more than it heightens them, the best benefit to install atm is that it changes your bases, so its potentially a lot of points.

Installing a drowned woman on a cabal mech for instance doesn't exactly harm much.
[Image: 90d5b412a3.png]
[Image: 2dd063ce56.png]

So on the contrary it's not weak, you still get lots of benefits for certain installs.
But you aren't even bringing up how summoners have to pay Aptitude insurance or risk losing -1 all stats

if we are going to make install and fp taxing move we should atleast buff its effectiveness , instead of replacing racials, it should add half of the youkai's racials to your own.

I mean other +stat statuses don't bring huge drawbacks, infact monks force feeds you fp.
pretty sure the general consensus for a while now has been that install should stop affecting your APT but i'd assume it can work out pretty well if you build around the install's stats.... which is kind of weird tbh, but whatever.

the permanent install thing becoming an fp drain instead of constantly reinstalling sounds pretty interesting, but it'd probably be more appropriate as a bonder passive/innate than a change to regular installing (i begrudgingly say as a GS who mains Install). idk about the damage-break (people generally do stupid amounts of damage at a rapid pace), but interference and fp drainage sound like good drawbacks. affecting a character's effective race or access to certain racial abilities while installed could be another option i guess?

EDIT: Actually, according to the description Install doesn't affect your base SAN and APT now...
Quote:1.68
- Install will no longer replace your SAN or APT.
In the two pictures you provided, SAN and APT did change upon install.
SAN was effected by the +1 from affinity bonus, while APT is changed from affinity as well but you can notice that the scaled APT wont change at all either.
Though, let's not derail from the main topic.

I agree with the new Install suggestion, it will make it worth being a main class only. Plus, the drains could be twice what would cost to summon the Youkai and maintain them around?
Am I missing something? I only see more nerfs. An FP drain, but you can end the install for 3m? Wwwhere is the benefit?
Pages: 1 2