NEUS Projects

Full Version: Weathered Body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since the change to Weathered Body, there are very few options for Martial Artists when it comes to torsos. From what I can tell from the wiki, the only armors a Martial Artist can wear are

1. Swimsuit
  2. Berserker Shell
  3. Farmer's Shirt
  4. Cloak of Many Colors
  5. Sarasha Gi
  6. Ninja Armor
if they want to benefit from the passive. This translates to almost every single Martial Artist main class using CoMC or Ninja Armor. I dislike DR stacking as much as the next guy, but the requirement for base Armor + Magic Armor being
I agree with everything brought up in this post for the most part, I also feel as if most of the problems came from mutations directly from heavy armor, and as I recall most heavy armor and light armor are metal and thusly not eligable for weathered body.
If I recall, there are a few cloth light armors. Whynsefelt might be the only one, but other than that.

Mutation seems to just kind of fuck every sort of balance up a lot of the time when it comes to armour (and some weapons).
"Rendar" Wrote:If I recall, there are a few cloth light armors. Whynsefelt might be the only one, but other than that.

Mutation seems to just kind of fuck every sort of balance up a lot of the time when it comes to armour (and some weapons).

The skill still requires the torsos to be Unarmored; I'm not trying to change that.

[Image: AnVqJ58.png]
The conditions should really be: If you're using Unarmored, If the material is Cloth, If you are not using a Shield, and have a sub-weapon that counts as Fist (or no sub-weapon, such as hand accessories). All damage is reduced by 10%

But if we're keeping this armor/magic armor condition, this should be buffed to something more worth. Such as 25% or 30% damage reduction.
I don't think it needs a change in reduction at all. Just let people use more armors. 25% less damage from all sources just sounds horribly overpowered.
It's not so overpowered when your armor (MADE OF CLOTH) offers no protection or magic protection, son.
Protection and Magic Protection is just a flat reduction to the amount of damage you take after defenses, only coming before DR, I think.

Even if Weathered Body dropped your torso's armor and m.armor to 0, it'd still be worth it. Because armor and m.armor is nigh useless with the numbers that get tossed around.
"Grandpa" Wrote:I don't think it needs a change in reduction at all. Just let people use more armors. 25% less damage from all sources just sounds horribly overpowered.

"MegaBlues" Wrote:Protection and Magic Protection is just a flat reduction to the amount of damage you take after defenses, only coming before DR, I think.

Even if Weathered Body dropped your torso's armor and m.armor to 0, it'd still be worth it. Because armor and m.armor is nigh useless with the numbers that get tossed around.

Agreed, on both accounts. I think we'll find that even if every single unarmored cloth torso is put on the table, the vast majority of people will still opt for the Cloak of Many Colors. Statistically, it's extremely solid. From a non-optimized standpoint, however, the option to choose some interesting torsos like the elemental gis or the Dragon Gi would be much appreciated -- some people just don't want to be carbon copies of every other punch man if they can help it.
I think this is a bit more relevant since the last update, all it did really was change MAs over from armor of eyes to cloak of many colors for a tank option, I think the cloth restriction is enough of a downside to this passive if it boils down to unarmored choices.
Pages: 1 2