NEUS Projects

Full Version: Enter the Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since this happened to me recently, take any bias I may have with a grain of salt.

Cutting to the chase, I don't think Bullet Barrier and Blade Barrier should function simultaneously. Against someone with only guns (almost all magic gunners), you are almost entirely immune to being harmed so long as you face them. They can't shoot directly at you twice or they trigger Blade Barrier on the second volley, and they can't run behind you to shoot because they trigger Bullet Barrier and run out of Momentum. Here are all of the ways I can conceive that someone can manage to punch through this setup:

- Quickdraws: 3 out of the 7 bullets can get through bullet barrier, giving you ~70 damage per turn.
- Akimbo with double 4 round guns: Will get 2 out of 6 bullets through bullet barrier, giving you an equally unimpressive amount of damage as above.
- Fleur + One of the above: Will get you one additional attack on top of the chip damage, if you can critically hit your two or three shots.
- 1 Momentum Movement: If you can jetpack over someone's head, you get one normal attack. The only realistic options for this are Jetpack and Winged Serpent.

Outside of that, you're totally screwed. Even with any of those things, you're still probably screwed from how much momentum you lose trying to surmount it. Single shot guns can't brute force it by any means without one of two 1 Momentum movement abilities. I'd like to see either these two skills classified as their own class of 'defensive art' that don't work together, or both becoming main-class only.

However, given that Leporidae instinct with Blade Barrier exists, it's possible extreme hard counters are allowed to exist under the pretense of 'not balanced for 1v1s'. Not one I agree with, but I digress.
disregard this post (Mods please delete)
Honestly, I've been wondering why Bullet Barrier works from attacks made behind you (correct me if this is not happening).

Maybe giving it the Snake Dancer treatment where if the attack is not made in your line of sight, you can't block it.
We have too many things that use 'line of sight', why not something new then? The main issue is that Bullet Barrier is a little too 'godmod' and has no holes in it. Sooo...
Quote:- Bullet Barrier -
If the enemy's ranged attack is made in melee, at your cardinals, it will ignore Bullet Barrier. Because you won't have any single second of reaction to deflect bullets at point blank with your own gun.
That sounds better to me! Dunno if it could apply to Blade Barrier too (because of Leporidae cheesing), but probably worth considering.
I agree with melee range being the solution.
Ignore previous response, I misunderstood.

I actually do like this idea. Go for it.
Bullet Barrier not working in 1 range sounds good to me.

Opens up interactions with Flottement and Advancing Flow, too.
I also prefer the not melee version, means that bows still are sort of fucked, but hey!
"Shujin" Wrote:I also prefer the not melee version, means that bows still are sort of fucked, but hey!

Bows are not fucked.

Bullet Barrier only deflects the first shot from anything ranged (and has this same special interaction up to four times against multi-shot), any shot beyond the first will go through. And Blade Barrier can't deflect Bow attacks. I suggest you read about Bullet Barrier's effects and interactions before posting.

Don't be a me~ :V
Pages: 1 2 3