NEUS Projects

Full Version: Crane Hop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This skill was nerfed from 1M to 2M so that it wouldn't let people freely Winged Serpent around and flee, but that change made the move near useless for actual Monks, because they can't follow up without a crit or without losing an action.

I would like it if this skill reduced the Momentum cost of the next Offensive Monk skill by 1M, so that it retains the synergy it should have while not being an easy way to escape for other classes.
It's 2m cost is because it doesn't exactly have a cooldown and is similar to jetpack in that you can target a square to move to, backflip is already a 1m cost with a cooldown, while crane hop still allows verglas combos, I think backflip already fulfill's its role pretty well, is there any other reasoning?
Because a few Monk and Martial Artist skills need you to be airborne to make use of them, and it's kind of silly that a 3-tile movement eats up another action due to it costing a bit too much Momentum due to its interactions with another class.
I think its supposed to be able to interact with subclasses like demon hunter, items like skyburn and racials like gain air for stuff related to that, I think going airborne or making someone airborne is justifiable enough to let it stay at 2m, anyone can use the monk airborne skills with clever placement of air shafts via dragon gale, or through skills like Leaping Lizard, Burn up and gain air, which are all within a Monk's accessibility.
The only problem I see with this is 2m -> 2m monk skill -> movement.

If you're looking to make movement impossible for someone taking advantage of Crane Hop, it would be best to grant the -1m on the second skill used, i.e. 2m -> 3m -> 2m.

Otherwise, I don't have any issue with Crane Hop getting this adjustment.
I'm not saying that being able to kite is bad. Mobility is a big part of Monk's skill set, it's just the very specific combination of Monk and DH got the skill nerfed the wrong way.

Also, one shouldn't have to cross class to use their skills effectively. Crane Hop was, imo, meant to be a cheap way to approach and start a combo or make a bit of distance. DH gets Combination Fighter to make use of Crane Hop being 2M, and it also synergizes with Desperado and Lead Storm. Other classes shouldn't be able to use another class' skill better than them, so my original suggestion remains the same.

Let Crane Hop stay 2M, then make it give the user a 'Tumble' status which reduces the user's next Monk or Martial Artist Offensive Skill's momentum cost used that turn by 1. Then they have 3M left to take another action unless they hit a Resist.
Crane hop was not nerfed because of demon hunter, it was nerfed because 1m movement was way too strong and it still is, backflip exists to give monks a way to move towards their opponent in albeit limited ways, which is fine.
Bumping this, as it's been about a month and there's no reason to make a new topic. Monk and Martial Artist still can't use this skill effectively, and even if it receives a cooldown of some sort, I think it could use an adjustment.
I still have to disagree with this. Verglas and Monks make good usage of this skill due to making the user airborne. It's good to combo into Axe Kick/Sky Chariot.
If only there was some trade for it. Like for example, Rank 1 makes it cost 1M, due to the limited range, and beyond Rank 1 it costs 2M.