NEUS Projects

Full Version: [QUE] Partial Clears are bugged?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, mainly, how does Partial Clears work?

I've been to a LV60 Cavern and tried to full-clear it, normally, full-clearing a high level dungeon gives over 250'000-300'000 bonus exp as a 'Full Clear'. But in the end I was wrong and scored a Partial Clear for overlooking one single floor and all my time spent in the dungeon was for a mere...
[Image: 102189f7c2cd4de9b611e267da7b9176.png]

... Even though I was sure I had more than one floor cleared, if not all but one left. Is this supposed to reward so little Exp? I think Partial Clears are only considering the core floor for their 'partial' bonuses.

So! For a counter-measure, can the core give you a warning if the dungeon is not full-cleared and you need to confirm with a 'yes' or 'no', or something like it? (Pretty much similar to the pop-ups that appear you interact with Beast Raids.)
I agree with Snake. I feel as though the partial clear bonus should scale along with either many floors were fully cleared or how many monsters remain in the dungeon to be cleared. That way, if people do have the misfortune of accidentally forgetting a single mob, they aren't as penalized by it.

The counter-measure proposed is also very nice as well, it won't be a nuisance to anyone since it's nothing more than a simple box to click yes or no with. If you wanted to rush to the core floor and get the core or boss, wonderful, just click "Yes" to confirm you want to enter. If you wanted to try and full clear for the experience/murai bonus? "Oh no, we must have forgotten a mob. Let's backtrack." *clicks "No"*

It's simple and effective.
You could say that a partial clear gives you a percentage of the full clear reward as a bonus, said percentage being based off of the remaining mobs left in the dungeon.

So if say you cleared out all but 1 of the enemies in the dungeon, you'd gain 99% of the full clear bonus.

This is mostly to battle the unfortunate happenings of floors spawning with unreachable areas with mobs trapped inside, this happens and there's not much you can do to help it.
+1
Wasn't a debug output added for this to display which floors were/weren't cleared?
Yes but there is the little thing that sometimes happens like:
"Someone currently battling last mob. You go to core. That person that did last mob battle dies/flees-> New mob spawn-> bye bye full clear."

Or you simply overlook the message for whatever reason. WHich can happen after getting through 13 floors of noodle hell.
It's mostly the first situation stated, it has happened to me like four times already. The noob people trying to go for LV60 dungeons and all end screwing up major your full clear attempts with their deaths.

It won't be a hassle to make the core warn if the dungeon is or not full-cleared, right? Or atleast how many mobs are left in the whole dungeon?
"Snake" Wrote:The noob people trying to go for LV60 dungeons and all end screwing up major your full clear attempts with their deaths.
I thought being defeated by a mob didn't spawn a new one? At least, that's how it's been in my experience. I've had plenty of situations where I would return to a dungeon floor just after dying on it, while knowing for certain I was the only one clearing it, to get the 'calm and quiet' message upon returning.

I'm pretty sure only using Flee gets you a new mob regenerated... I'm pretty sure... but also worried I'm wrong...

"Snake" Wrote:It won't be a hassle to make the core warn if the dungeon is or not full-cleared, right? Or atleast how many mobs are left in the whole dungeon?

This would be very much appreciated. As an aside, can Full Clear decision be made for a party based on if the dungeon is clear when they BEGIN the boss battle? Otherwise, this still doesn't stop someone from fleeing from one of the fights they were finishing up while you went to the core, therefore ruining the Full Clear anyway.