NEUS Projects

Full Version: Dungeon Room Sizes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I've mentioned in the past with one-tile hallways, they make life miserable whenever they spawn, but in moderation they're bearable.

Sadly sometimes the RNG spits out a dungeon that's 90% one tile-wide, and this is especially awful when it happens to a static dungeon (because you're stuck waiting eight hours to get a better one).

The 'rooms' generated with only one tile of width are extremely annoying to navigate, especially in dungeons where the distinction between wall and door is hard to make (crypts are notorious for this, black doors and fire altars suffer this to a slightly lesser extent).

So what I'm asking is: Can we get the tile width increased to two or three tiles to avoid this happening?

As far as I know, when pixel movement was introduced (then taken away) the tile width minimum for dungeon rooms was increased--making this no longer an issue, so it -is- possible...probably.
I'm working on finally adding dungeon bombs that might help with this issue. I'm not sure if I can actually adjust the size of the mazes but I will try.