NEUS Projects

Full Version: Oh hey look! Someone cares about the overworld.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just a small suggestion. Make the hear range in overworld the same as whisper.
I think whisper is a little.. too short of range. It's not like it really matters since people don't RP on it much because they're turned off by the tiny PCs (especially in PvP combat).
It's fine as is right now. Although if it is shortened a bit, it should only be reduced to a few tiles at most.
Weeeeell, yeah. . .people being turned into tiny. . .midgets? (Are they even worthy of being called midgetsu?!) are a huge. . .turn-off? for people to RP in the overworld. But hey! If the hear range gets shortened, wouldn't the overworld be a good place to talk about your evil schemes?-- or well, maybe just your private matters. And 'sides! If the hear range is shortened, wouldn't it make a good IC sense? I mean. . .people are just tiny midgets in the overworld, so why would they be able to hear MILES away from their current spot?. . .acute hearing, anyone?
Considering how you remain that size when you PvP on the overworld? Yeah it's a turn off. You can't really do any kind of serious IC battles because the characters are so tiny compared to every other visual effect (since they don't scale either, and it's just dumb to scale them on such a small battle map that's the same size as a battle map in town or in a house.)

Shortening the hearing range isn't a bad idea, but whisper is only 2 squares, that's a bit too much if you had a small crowd in a general area. I'm mostly saying it's too small because of the convenience factor, not to entirely disagree with the idea.

But I'd still never RP on the overworld unless we went back to normal size on the PvP instanced maps, and then small again when the battle ended.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2721#p2721 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:53 pm[/url]"]
But I'd still never RP on the overworld unless we went back to normal size on the PvP instanced maps, and then small again when the battle ended.

RPing doesn't really require you to PVP you know?

But anyway, three-four tiles would sound fine with me, it's annoying hearing someone on the other side of the continent.
I understand that, but if you got into an IC conflict of some kind, it's pretty annoying to go, "Hey we have to go take this... somewhere else because the icons look like shit on the PvP map". That's basically the point. So a villain is forced to drag the player to another map if they're attacking them, or if people get into a heated battle or something, you're pretty forced to be taken elsewhere, that's one of the reasons people don't want to stick around on the world map / PvP on it.

This being said, shout and whisper would also have to have shortened range as well to compensate. Otherwise say's going to be really short, and the other two's ranges will be too ridiculous in comparison.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2723#p2723 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:43 pm[/url]"]I understand that, but if you got into an IC conflict of some kind, it's pretty annoying to go, "Hey we have to go take this... somewhere else because the icons look like shit on the PvP map". That's basically the point. So a villain is forced to drag the player to another map if they're attacking them, or if people get into a heated battle or something, you're pretty forced to be taken elsewhere, that's one of the reasons people don't want to stick around on the world map / PvP on it.
Not to throw this off-topic or anything, but..
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2451#p2451 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:00 pm[/url]"]I don't really see much RP-killing in the current system, even more so based on the fact nobody really roleplays during PvP after all.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2458#p2458 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:24 pm[/url]"]from what I've seen, nobody does it, so the system doesn't kill RP. You can RP with the current system, so nobody does.

I applaud those who do RP during PvP, but nothing's really stopping people other than themselves.
You should really pay a bit more attention to the things you say, instead of what seems to be rampant disagreeing for the sake of disagreement.

With that said, I agree that icons should go to their normal size when in a battle on the overworld, and that the range of whisper/say/emote/shout should probably be somewhere around halved while on it (and not in battle).

And on a somewhat related note, whispering in a battle is visible to everyone in or watching it. This seems a bit wrong.
The Overworld and Battle Stats are two different things. There's a talk tab to get rid of those. Maybe you could try using that. I'm sorry that you misunderstand the reason I disagree with things, but that doesn't mean you can try to throw it back in my face and assume you know why. Okay? Thank you.

On a related note about the Overworld, I do agree with Soapy about this part;
Quote:and that the range of whisper/say/emote/shout should probably be somewhere around halved while on it (and not in battle).
And on a somewhat related note, whispering in a battle is visible to everyone in or watching it. This seems a bit wrong.
Quote:and that the range of whisper/say/emote/shout should probably be somewhere around halved while on it (and not in battle).

Eeeyeah. Now that I look closer on it and think about the possible scenarios, it seem plausible that instead of shrinking say's hear range in the overworld to around. . .two spaces or summin', it should be around the half (or if possible fourth of it?).
Pages: 1 2