NEUS Projects

Full Version: Re: Raid Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would it be possible at all to have the length of time the 'Raid Event' from the Black Beasts is available for extended? It's already rather hit or miss to get people focused enough on the beasts to start it, depending on time of day, but at the moment it doesn't seem like there's enough time for anyone to actually make it through the events without being EXTREMELY FOCUSED or building specifically on huge fire AoEs.

Unless the timer is randomly decided or dependent on the first group to defeat Seto which is... Even worse.

Case in point: We had a group including two fire users, one of whom was AoE cinders with Force Move, a healer, and a non-fire caster who IMMEDIATELY transitioned from participating in a black beast attack to taking part in the raid. Very efficient at killing beasts, and even had teleports all around to get up the mountain, but we got denied at the last second when the beasts vanished immediately before we could initiate the Seto fight...

Now, we certainly weren't immediately taking all our turns and preparing our tactics beforehand and granted, if we'd been even a LITTLE faster we could've made it, but that's asking an awful lot on an event that's basically multiplayer mandatory (to say nothing of the BYOND platform)...

Moreover, it makes the event basically impossible for characters who are slower-paced or focused on outlasting opponents instead of bursting them down with DPS, and there's no doubt it turns a lot of people away to have to be 100% completely focused in your computer chair with a mountain dew energy drink just to scrape by the deadline...

EDIT: I've only participated in a handful of raids myself, so if there's other factors like whether reboot is imminent or not, please point that out for consideration.
More like, the problem is that the second raid is kind of bugged, but nobody reported it yet.

The part where if one party member gets unconscious, you get stuck in the fight forever because they won't be able to reach the summit at all.
Nah, that's a different problem, Kunai, though still a problem, I agree. I was one of the slower characters in this recent raid Joestar made the post about. My character is a tank, and his only method of moving through terrain is Hanging due to being BK/Priest. I had to Charge run to the ledge just under the exit and then Hanging a Black Beast that was nearby. We were only on Round 5 when we escaped.

Problem is, if you're trying to escape but some of your characters are slow, the Black Beasts you don't kill waste your time with their turns. With the number that spawn in phase 2, this is a huge issue.

I have a suggestion that might help this issue. Can we limit the amount of Black Beasts that are on the map at one time? If there is a limit, can it be dropped? Having 20+ Black Beasts just makes every turn take five or more minutes, especially while the server's dealing with the stress of the raid in the first place.

I actually feel like someone asked this before. Maybe they did, but yeah. That's my suggestion.
Agreed @Nano, I'd suggest making the limit the same as a crazy dungeon which is usually 6-10 mobs.
But since there's a new wave of reinforcements each turn, Maybe cap them at 12 on the map. Still a challenge, But not over whelming, Or time consuming. It'll reduce the stress on the server as well, I would think anyway.