NEUS Projects

Full Version: Gentle Torrent too Gentle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can Gentle Torrent's damage be buffed from 128% Water Attack to 140% Water Attack?

reasoning, the Curate spell Kei already does 120% for far less FP cost, and the 140% will place Gentle Torrent in line with other Light based spells for the Priest's Arsenal.
I might feel inclined to agree with this one, but I won't say much on it since I've honestly never even seen anyone use it. There's a bit of an argument to be made that Gentle Torrent does also have its status duration decrease that would be useful in conjunction with either Shine Knights or Youkai.

This is probably more of a Balance Fu topic though. Wanted to point that out.
Gentle Torrent is bad. Low scaling, line targeting, 3 round cooldown for some reason, and a lame effect.

Please buff it.
I like to think Priest abilities should have more important secondary effects than just damage. As is, however, the secondary effect for Gentle Torrent isn't really useful enough to even consider using it when all the other spells are so much better. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use it even once.
Why not instead have it interact with Pacifist Boon and make the secondary effect STRONGER with Pacifist boon active?
Because Gentle Torrent does damage, maybe?
Well, to be fair on Raigen's suggestion, you don't have to actually target an enemy with Gentle Torrent. You could just shoot it at allies, I believe.
If it happens to hit an enemy in the line, your Pacifist Boon you're trying to keep as a Curate main or whatever will be gone the second the skill hits and damages the wrong person, is what I mean. That's not the best solution, it just makes things more complicated in cramped fights where your ally is surrounded.
That sounds like a risk of the skill.

Here's an idea, why not make the line 2-6 adjustable?
I agree with Spoops on this one. If the effect is more powerful, it'd cripple a lot of debuffs. There should be some risk around that.
Pages: 1 2