NEUS Projects

Full Version: PvE Battle Placements idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using Persona 5's battle placements, I think that it could be a nice addition for strategical hits, such as back-attacking or being back-attacked, in PvE:

-- If you score a back-attack... Ambush!! All monster enemies are crumpled in the center of the battlefield, as the four players's start positions will be by their cardinals. (Like Seto's fight. A player per cardinal position, N S E W.) Maybe also give those players a 2 round buff that increases all damage done by 200%

-- If you get back-attacked... Ambushed!!
All monster enemies surround the party, who will be crumpled in the center of the battlefield instead, as the monsters gain the initiative. [strike]And, the monsters would receive the 2 round bonus 200% to all damage done, instead.[/strike]

-- If none of those are achieved, battle starts normally.

Edit: Yeah. I agree that monsters in a Crazy with 2x damage would be insta-death. Imagine a bunch of Spatials with this? Good lord.
As neat as this would be, it would also completely annihilate new players/characters. I think maybe just the placement would be fine.
It would definitely annihilate people. Absolutely would. One wrong back attack without a properly established character can get you killed or just lucky enough to be left alive as it is.

Double damage will definitely get people killed, and that'll be quite the rage inducer on OOC when people are getting tossed out of dungeon for one juke gone wrong after going 5 floors into a dungeon and having it disappear after they get wiped from one battle that they didn't even get a turn in.

(We are also not considering Crazy here... Oh joy?)

I think the placement would be good though, yes.
I think just having more advantageous positioning (all monsters in an actual group or at the very least the party not stretched across the map at random behind the scattered horde of mobs) would be sufficient.

The damage modifier would just mean that every single PvE fight would be a back attack or try again.