NEUS Projects

Full Version: A couple racial ideas. (Bat Kaelensia? Maybe merfolk?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So like.. I have no idea if this is in the works, or whatever, but what about a Kaelensia that has bat-like traits?? Maybe they're blind as well, and live predominantly in the cave systems of Egwynn? Idk, I think it would be pretty wicked to have a lot of bat-like characters, who have echolocation to see past. Maybe they could have some sort of bonus or weakness to sound damage??

As for my other idea, since we have nagas, and (technically) minotaurs, what about the idea of a merfolk-like race? Maybe some race or something that crawled out of Lazerus when the Reapers burst from the sea or something?? Or maybe that tear changed some of the creatures in the surrounding area?? Heck, maybe they could be a form of Corrupted, that the B.D.P's created, or something?? I dunno, I'm mainly tossing the ideas out to see what other people think.
+1 for adding another Kaelensia, although not sure if I'd like to see them as a bat, maybe something of the mouse variety would be nice.

Not sure how merfolk would work though, as a Corrupted, that'd be interesting to see. Give them some boosts to water attack/resistance and maybe weaken them to ice or earth attacks. It'd be a weird one to RP as though, how do they survive on land? Can they move to and from the land without any issues? Is it similar to a transformation state? If so, what happens if it rains? (If I recall correctly one theory around mermaids was when on land if it rained their true form would be revealed)
I have seen a lot of people using Hyattr for bat-people playbys, and honestly, they fit the bill enough. You could flavor it as a slight hybrid between a Hyattr and a Wyvern, and get spiked teeth and the wings, or perhaps a Lupine for pseudo-ears? Honestly, I don't see a new Kaelensia coming soon- at least, not a bat type. Hyattr's my main reason why.

And I could see Merfolk as an Ancient or perhaps a Serpent race, have a natural resistance to water and weakness to lightning? Given, I'm not sure that this Merfolk race could give us something truly unique. I'm not entirely sure what to think of it.
I'd say maybe insted of kaelenasian. Another iteration of the reaper line.

Normal horned reaper
minotaur reaper
A winged demon w/ demon tail

I'd recommend the greek Mormolykeia/Mormo for the basis, since reaper and apertaurus are already greek themed.
"GSM" Wrote:I have seen a lot of people using Hyattr for bat-people playbys, and honestly, they fit the bill enough. You could flavor it as a slight hybrid between a Hyattr and a Wyvern, and get spiked teeth and the wings, or perhaps a Lupine for pseudo-ears? Honestly, I don't see a new Kaelensia coming soon- at least, not a bat type. Hyattr's my main reason why.

And I could see Merfolk as an Ancient or perhaps a Serpent race, have a natural resistance to water and weakness to lightning? Given, I'm not sure that this Merfolk race could give us something truly unique. I'm not entirely sure what to think of it.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:I'd say maybe insted of kaelenasian. Another iteration of the reaper line.

Normal horned reaper
minotaur reaper
A winged demon w/ demon tail

I'd recommend the greek Mormolykeia/Mormo for the basis, since reaper and apertaurus are already greek themed.

Oooooh this would be cool to see tbh!

As for bat-person Hyattr, isn't that kinda against the whole playby thing?? Hyattr are supposed to be dragons, not bats.. As for the mouse thing I saw earlier, that would be kinda cool, or more just a generic weasel/rodent???

I don't see a whole lot of people rping as just mice, but then again, we have bunny folk, so it could be a possibility.
Bat wings usually look similar enough to dragon wings to where it isn't an issue.
"Spoops" Wrote:Bat wings usually look similar enough to dragon wings to where it isn't an issue.
I thought there was this thing that basically you are the race you choose?? I guess so long as the Hyattr don't rp out that they're actual bat people they're fine??

I was meaning legit bat-people though, not just stuff for playbys. I think it would be a cool aspect, and might bring in some cool mechanics. I mean SL1 had half-bat daemons, albeit they didn't have any bat-like features.
Vampire kind of took over the place of half-bat daemons.
Gg, Dev, you just encouraged Vamps to use mixed racials to be bats.

In all seriousness I want merfolk too sorta for the hell of it.
I offered a fish race idea in the past (Selachii), but I don't think they're getting in.
Pages: 1 2