NEUS Projects

Full Version: Asura Cannon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Asura fist currently does way too much damage for a skill that scales heavily from a defensive stat, on top of this it also deals magic damage, is ranged and generates 2 sturm, its a bit too powerful just on its own and can destroy just about anyone while still being tanky.

Even though it does darkness damage, its scaling is on par with invocations.

I'd suggest that it start at 60% Dark ATK, going up by 10% Per rank, as the damage by asura fist is increased by sturm, as well as the fact it generates 2 sturm when you hit an enemy.
I'd say leave the damage alone and change it to 1 sturm, that way Its punish the long con of a boxer to stay at range.
I just saw Asura fist deal upwards to almost 200 damage to a character, for an autohit that can be used frequently that is not okay damage.
its not at an autohit, its a spell, and no one seems to care when spells can do that kind of damage.

plus its darkness, which is easy to resist, theres a stamp for it.
That stamp provides a mere 1% darkness resistance, even if its a spell, it does way too much damage all on its own for scaling from a defensive stat, the only spell that comes even remotely close to Eternal darkness, a hexer spell that won't even gain an up to an additonal 40% damage from sturm.
Make it so strum only affects skills not spells no reason to nerf a stealable spell for its over bearing presence on boxer

The problem is it's too good for a spell that gets stronger the more you use it.

Suggested nerf 1 strum per cast, does not gain bonus damage from strum level
There's no point in making it not affect Asura's Fist. It's still part of Boxer's set.

I'm going with Spo's first suggestion here as well.
The only thing overpowered about Asura Fist is how it gives twice as much Sturm. I see no issue with bumping it down to +1 Sturm, and possibly increasing the FP cost.

The damage, while potent, is still under one of the easier elements to resist, and anyone can easily keep Sturm from going wild if they know how to maneuver. Without that additional Sturm boost, I wouldn't call this anything more powerful than an Evoker/Hexer's Eternal Darkness, especially if your setup isn't fully committed to Boxer.
Well, it can be silenced. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And the Boxer won't be able to use it anymore, that's -1 ways to 'safely' increase Sturm. Pluuuus, if the Boxer tries to cleanse the silence, bye-bye the current Schwarz Sturm build up.

I think it justifies the damage, and it's not like everyone bumps 5 skill points in it because the Darkness Scaling doesn't benefit the skill as much as the 100% Scaled Weapon Attack scaling.

I'd rather Boxer Damage not being touched anymore because hell, it was test and proved that reducing the damage 'for the sake of balance' made this class, which was intended to have heavy FP costs and heavy damage to reward it, pretty god damn obsolete.

And for this, I'd say... just slap a 1 round cooldown to it, so it can't be spammed.
[Image: efe552b133.png]

This is not very fair damage, I disagree entirely, character being struck has 15% dark resistance, 1v1 for an additional 10% damage resistance, and 15 RES.

Albeit low RES and not a full 25% dark resist I disagree that this skill should be summed up to "lol get dark resistance scrub" because it WILL punch through dark resistance, it will punch right through RES, and it will certainly punch through both.

Oh and, this is my water build character, try facing a boxer with 60% Phys DR, 55% Magic DR, Weathered Body, Geist Schritt 1100 HP and the ability to instantly kill you anyway.

[Image: fed4a763ef.png]
Pages: 1 2 3