NEUS Projects

Full Version: Illusory Illusions that Illude your Ludeful Day- (Papilion Rework ideas, and is Ludeful even a word?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just hope this is at least read by Dev on a leisure time. It won't be a buff or a nerf, just a small mix on Papilion's non-updated arsenal to make it more than interesting, at least in my personal opinion.

===
NEW Invite Insanity:
The Papilion lives in illusion, making others see what isn't actually there. Targets 1 empty tile within 3 Range and summons a Butterfly Illusion with 1 HP at it. Upon dying, the Butterfly Illusion may apply a random status effect (Between Confusion/Fear/Hesitation only) to every enemy within 2 Range of it.
[[Side-Note: Hesitation LV = (Wind ATK - Scaled SAN *3, caps at LV50)]]

If Aposemagika is active, a butterfly is summoned to a random empty square for free every round. The FP cost of this skill is equal to your Scaled SAN.

===
NEW Aposemagika:
This skill requires a Rank D Invocation (see the Invocation talent for more details).

The Papilion creates a cocoon of focus around themself while Invoking. Upon casting the spell proper, they are surrounded with a silvery pollen, which grants you Evasion LV (Character Level/2) (-1 per 1 Scaled SAN, min. 0), and can inflict a variety of status effects against enemies who attack you in melee range. This lasts for 8 rounds. While under Aposemagika, you may use advanced Illusion spells (You may only use them while under this buff).

===
Advanced Illusion spells (cannot be stolen):
Illusion: Manipulate - Targets one enemy afflicted with Confusion within 5 range, and turns Confusion into Charm (LV = Aposemagika LV *2). Lasts for 5 rounds (-1 per 6 SAN, min. 2 rounds). 2 round cooldown.

Illusion: Terrorize - Targets one enemy afflicted with Hesitation within 5 range, and turns Hesitation into Silence. Lasts for 4 rounds (-1 per 6 SAN, min. 2 rounds). 2 round cooldown.

===============
Comment:

- Invite Insanity would be synergic with Aposemagika. The limited status effects are more thematic like this, and makes those less random and easier to roleplay a probable outcome of them.
- Invite Insanity with Confusion will clearly 'not' be a bad idea. Out of this everything I've suggested, just having Confusion in the place of Poison in the actual Invite Insanity will make the ability insane-times better.
- Invite Insanity, while yes, being told that some illusions just feel real and physical, they having physical inflictions kind of kill the whole 'illusory' theme behind it. That's why I've preferred mental inflictions than stuff like Lingering Damage or Poison.
- Aposemagika would be worth being an invocation that costs 9M to set up, since it would grant Evasion and some new tricks to the Papilion's arsenal.
- Aposemagika granting Evasion, it might encourage Papilions to be more CEL based, and match their 'Wind' theme.

And that's it, I guess. Feel free to discuss/whine.
I like all of these changes, but I'm probably biased because I play a lot of papilions. The other corrupted should get similar changes as well, though. That's about all I can say.
I agree with Ryan, this could possibly be a future 'Corrupted Update' with some reworks.
I want this. Period.
I certainly like the concept behind this. Papilions could use a bit of a rework. Confusion would be very fitting to add to Invite Insanity, far moreso than Poison. Several of the current effects seem a bit underwhelming, at least at their levels. Unless it was corrected, the Charm it currently inflicts only applied to the Butterfly Illusion that's killed, rather than the Papilion themselves, making it worthless. I'm a bit divided on making it based on Wind ATK, or having racials depend upon certain elemental attacks in general. It already depends upon Status Inflict.

Aposemagika certainly could use some kind of change. I suppose what's proposed could work, although I would think that they'd simply add Charm/Silence rather than replace the other status, given the setup required. Unless Manipulate and Terrorize are supposed to be free or 1m abilities.
My idea is that they're 1M for a specific reason, because Invoking Aposemagika on top of those being spells gives the enemy too much Momentum to try and silence the Papilion. And for those illusions to work, you'll need the butterflies stacking the ailments needed for those to work. Logically,that's around two round and a half of setup, with a heavy 'reward' as a result. Like Evoker.

This is a rather risky thing to do in 1v1, for obvious reasons. But if you pull off, it will be fun. Unless the enemy takes the fun away from you. (By being a Shaitan, Vampire, using Reckless from Magic Gunner, using Heart of Stone, or using Braveheart.)
I can't wait for these great ideas to be overlooked due to bugfixes.
"well you see it's far more important for dev to work on bugfixing than your pitiful second class idea, join us in the bugfix master race"
"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:I can't wait for these great ideas to be overlooked due to bugfixes.

We may have differing opinions on if they're great ideas or not, and bugfixing is very important, so I don't know why you're trying to make it seem like something I prefer doing over other things. It isn't.
this dood's singlehandedly workin on the game to make it gud and you guys bitch about him fixin what's already implemented over adding every stupid ass idea that someone pops up with. bugs need debugging, balance needs balancin

smh

on topic through, i do like this rework, but it'd be handy for other corrupted to get similiar love. especialy umbrals. Those are in desperate need of some lovin'
Pages: 1 2