NEUS Projects

Full Version: Summoner Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
"Neus" Wrote:Well, using a percentage of a user's stat is basically just using its elemental ATK at a different rate. It would also greatly complicate the damage calculation. I think it's probably more sensible to start with a scaling nerf, and possibly making Youkai skills have lower scaling when they're evoked instead of used by the Youkai themself.
That, and Slydria's scaling suggestion looks more like a buff to Youkai damage.

That being said, however, I don't think the damage a Youkai itself pelts out is the issue here; it's the Summoner being able to access the full 340% Elemental ATK scaling with boosts that pump their E.ATKs far beyond what Youkai can achieve.
"Chaos" Wrote:it's the Summoner being able to access the full 340% Elemental ATK scaling with boosts that pump their E.ATKs far beyond what Youkai can achieve.

Pretty much this, scaling nerfs for the summoner itself would be a good way to balance out youkai damage finally as well, if only to prevent people from seriously stacking way too much of one elemental like water or earth.
"Chaos" Wrote:That, and Slydria's scaling suggestion looks more like a buff to Youkai damage.

It'd be a buff for Byakko specifically but that's only because Byakko has high STR and the example has high scaling due to Thunder Claw's downsides compared to other Youkai Skills. It'd be a different story for almost every other Youkai and more importantly, their Summoners who would need at least two stats to scale off of.

Anyway, if that's too fiddly then I'm all for just messing with the scaling amounts and having a Summoner penalty.
For now I changed it to be around 250% elemental ATK scaling, from the the 340% previously.
"Neus" Wrote:For now I changed it to be around 250% elemental ATK scaling, from the the 340% previously.
Is this just for the Summoner's Evoke-Actives, or does this hit the Youkai's own scaling?
Both.
"Neus" Wrote:Both.
Will damage-based spell effects like Parraeta's healing be tweaked as it goes?
We will have to wait and see.
After a few tests regarding the new Youkai skill/spell scaling, I've come to realize that while the damage is... more-or-less okay now (as in it's not utterly brutal but not terrible either) the new problem seems to be that Youkai are far too squishy for it to even out. Generally they die in about two or three hits against setups that run fairly good damage, based on my experience.

So I think they could use a little HP/tank boost, not too much but enough for them to not die in two hits by most things in the PVP scenery.

Perhaps something like +HP equal to their Level, or Level*2.

Another option that was brought up by Spoops was to grant Summoner a base class skill that gives them an additional 30% HP bonus, and to make it so Aegis Shift applies to all Youkai, while the summoner obviously loses Astral Aegis' bonuses on use still.

Thoughts?
While it's tempting, that +hp would need to be racial to dragons and plants. And maybe exclude seiryuu, if drowned woman suddenly got 700+ hp it'd be Mage HELL. the astral aegis idea would only create a carbuncle/Terrasque/Wawa meta of ungodly high earth/dark attack youkai and this is already doable to a much lesser extent.

I'd give ideas but at this point I can see no one views my ideas as even interesting or good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5