NEUS Projects

Full Version: Unstoppable Invocations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Right now, there seem to be only two things that can break an Invocation: Damage, and Silence.

Damage is currently far too easy to nullify, due to the Invocation Talent's 'Words of Power' allowing the character to shut out any chance of damage-based interruption.

Silence is a lot more reliant on status infliction in the current meta, and due to this, its much more difficult to inflict it on an opponent that built up plenty of Status Resistance.

In other words, it's entirely possible for characters to prepare Invocations without any fear of an opponent disrupting it, which makes a few invocations, such as Summon Storm, far stronger than they ought to be. Due to this, I would like to suggest that we do one of the following:

a. Cut the break % reduction of 'Words of Power' by half, at the very least.

b. Make Knockdown (when it consumes momentum) break any Invocation statuses.

c. Introduce a new status, called 'Concussed', that will break any current Invocations when inflicted, and prevents the use of any Invocations until the status expires. (This status will not be renewable, and upon expiration, will grant a 2-round immunity to prevent infinite Concussion loops)

Personally, I would perfer C, since it gives us room to beef up a few of the more overshadowed skills in the process. Whichever method is used, though, we still need to find a way to keep Invocations from being invincible.
It's better to make Words of Power cost less Talent Points and cap at 5. (10% per SR), and the unbreakable Invocation chance gets doubled versus monsters or characters with a level lower than yours.
But silence already does the job? They have to break the invocation to either use screamer or use silent prayer? And if they build sanctity well then yeah I guess that's a wall. On another note it takes some time to set it up. And these are points you're investing into Words of Power. I think the best solution is what Kunai said but rather character level it could take into account the difference in your Will and your opponents and add that.
I don't like the sound of the will idea, personally. Snake's idea is perfectly fine and I'd like to go with that, personally. Or option C. Both seem interesting/like good ideas.
A character level lower than yours would be negated for everyone at 60. What would be the point?
If we go by Snake's idea, it would also give Devocation from Priest usefulness.
Is it really necessary to give a super reliable way to stop Invocations beyond what's already available?
lets spin it in reverse, is it fair to have 100% un breakable invocation?

only method usable being silence?

people might say its alot of investment talent wise, but for a mage its really not, they were already saving points without a weapon tree to invest in.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:lets spin it in reverse, is it fair to have 100% un breakable invocation?

only method usable being silence?

people might say its alot of investment talent wise, but for a mage its really not, they were already saving points without a weapon tree to invest in.
Instead they get to spend just as much, if not more, on elemental benefits from the 'Elemental' tab.

In my opinion, Invocations don't need more enemies. It's reasonably difficult to get one off to begin with.
But alot of weapon builds have elemental based skills now days and will invest in elemental alot.

Tile duration, lightning crits, elemental attack are all benefits that alot of builds include, its not mage exclusive.
Pages: 1 2 3