NEUS Projects

Full Version: Health Panel rework?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yeah i know i'm making a lot of these and I have no clue what i'm talking about ^_^

Remove any afflictions that affect you out of combat or revamp them

This ENTIRELY RANDOM affliction system is extremely annoying

Change Deafness from. Ruin all your attempts to roleplay with people to as SOMEONE else suggested changes the combat log making chants and such unintelligible

EG the chant should change from say what shine knights is to

"you can't make out the words they are chanting" this one specifically for one reason to differentiate from the normal speech (so you don't have to keep asking someone if they actually said anything)

Anything that reduces out of combat movement speed (making it a pain in the ass to actually PLAY THE GAME) should also be changed

Perhaps fever increases your miss chance and deceases evasion rates
I would also increase the severity of some of these because aside from the ones that ACTIVELY make the game less fun I can ignore them entirely
You're making those out of salt, boy. Welcome to the salt mines. Jkjk.

Oh right. I kind of disagree with this because it's quite easy to get rid of them too. It's not hard at all to cure wounds and injury, all you need is to have a certain sub-talent and win a fight, and you get auto-cured up to moderate levels.

What I'd really want for injury is an option to self-inflict them for RP reasons. (Or allow you to inflict them on other people, out of combat.) The reason's quite simple. Drama. Let's say as an example that in some serious combat situation you got hit by a quadriflucker superpowered GETSUGA... SHIN..KEN...!!! that did 625 slash physical damage and now you're hanging low at exactly 2 HP, but you were lucky enough to not score an injury that's pretty much well-deserved?

You'd go to the chat bar and type 'inflict-injury' and a prompt would come up so you can browse injury options to afflict yourself with for fluff, and then proceed to go. "ARRGHHGHHHEHRHRHH-- *flop*." while birds flock and swirl above you.

Or out of combat when you score a 1d100 = 100 against someone's 1d100 = 1 and proceed to critically harm them with a potent stab wound with your banana katana? 'inflict-injury', select someone within 1 range, prompt for all injuries appear so you can pick one, prompt opens to the enemy and asks them if they want or not to be inflicted with what you propose.

It's what we need for serious RP situations, most likely. Also give an extra reason for people to visit hospitals due to their cold and boo-boos. (Yeah, Dev. We got a hospital in Cellsvich.)
As Snake stated, injuries are easily tackled via the proper talents. While it might be an issue for lower-level players (assuming they aren't extremely rare at that level), if you really want to get rid of these issues, the game gives you enough tools to take them out. We should not dull injuries to where the relevant talents become useless, either.

"Snake" Wrote:What I'd really want for injury is an option to self-inflict them for RP reasons. (Or allow you to inflict them on other people, out of combat.) The reason's quite simple. Drama. Let's say as an example that in some serious combat situation you got hit by a quadriflucker superpowered GETSUGA... SHIN..KEN...!!! that did 625 slash physical damage and now you're hanging low at exactly 2 HP, but you were lucky enough to not score an injury that's pretty much well-deserved?
This also allows people to self-inflict injuries in order to turn innocuous/restrained actions into illogical attacks. I'm not entirely against the idea, but it should be done in a way that prevents people from abusing it in this manner.
If it's as minor an issue as you both claim then why even have it in the first place it's an annoyance it's pointless and a waste of time.

We don't need a self inflict commend ROLEPLAY OUT YOUR INJURY if you need to keep track of it write it down your on a computer it's not hard.

If the Panel system must persist it should at least #1 not annoy people out of combat #2 actually DO something
Because Dev added it without public consent and having his own plans in mind, without telling us? Not saying we didn't dig it. A lot of people love them as they are, and only wish they could be improved, rather than being left as just 'that thing we get sometimes lol'.

The whole thing is really fine. Wounds do add more flavor to the game? Wounds 'out' of combat are what I love the most, rather than in combat. Because then you have a reason to go to a hospital for a sexy D-cup nurse to check your boo boos.

I don't quite see your problems with it. As stated, we have a talent in First-Aid that makes any type of wounds ignorable. This all seems just a plead to be able to save Talent points for something else, in this sense.
The debuffs aren't even completely detrimental, but still hold a bit of threat if not treated, overall the system works fine, it gives players a reminder to RP injuries in serious fights too.