NEUS Projects

Full Version: My Final Move
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For as long as a cooldown Lance De Lion has, and how much its supposed to make an impact worth lasting, can it have an elemental impact? I think considering how situational this powerful skill is, it definitely deserves one.

Here's what I was thinking:

Nerhaven: Creates cinders equal to 100% of the user's fire ATK
Kraken: Creates ice tiles and make an infliction chance for frostbite (LV = Rank*5)
Talvyd: Extends the range by 2 tiles (becomes a 3x5 AoE instead of a 3x3 AoE)
Galren: Inflicts knockdown, and has Rank*2 bonus damage (Only inflicts knockdown if enchanted with galren itself)
Redgull: for as much power as this skill has, I don't think it having a crit proc would be healthy at all, maybe interference could work.
The Redgull variant should be 4 rounds of interference with an infliction check, yes.

I like all of these. Another idea for Kraken could be inflicting Celsius, not sure which LV though...

+1
Kraken with Frostbite is already a little overused and the effect alone doesn't stack above the other, I very much prefer a fat Celsius to slow down the enemy's movement greatly, as Fern suggested above.

Galren could destroy tiles instead of getting bonus damage, on top of the knockdown.

Talvyd could spawn Air Shafts under the user and in all squares it hits, along with the increased range.

For Redgull, interference is the right wae to go, and of course all effects should be 4 rounds. It won't tip much the balance. There are actually tons of underwhelmed skills in the game that needs a check. This is certainly one of them.
I can agree with Kunai's suggestions as well, more sources of air shafts are always good to have.
An update on this, now Lance De Lion sort of pales in comparison to other powerful moves like Aerial Rave and Face Stomp, while still having a lengthy cooldown with an absolutely massive FP cost (54 at max rank), I think bumping up its SWA or reducing its FP cost should be in order as well to make this skill worth investing into in an already skill point intensive class.
100% support for elemental effects. Also if the flame changes color depending on the element that would be sweet.
LDL has its own niches. It hits in a small AoE and doesn't require any prior setup short of not using Movement that turn, plus it's one of the few skills that guard breaks. Bumping up its SWA is probably the way I'd prefer to go.
I imagine elemental compatability is a bit tedious to put in anyways, at the risk of overbuffing the skill, SWA is an equally preferable solution to me as well considering the recent changes to Verglas and Demon Hunter.

I think that its justifiable due to the drawbacks of the skill, namely in that setting it up to hit more than 1 person would already be hard enough work.