NEUS Projects

Full Version: On Multipliers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically, I went through the code for damage and how multipliers are applied and it seems like a good number of them weren't multiplicatively stacking, although there were a few rather large exceptions, namely Hunted and Fallcall. Anyway, I changed those to only work off the original damage total (essentially making them additively stacking) and moved their positions around, mainly for organizational purposes.

Damage reductions however are all still multiplicative, mainly so damage reduction statuses have diminishing returns and don't get out of hand as a result. When the update with this is live you can tell me if you feel it's made any impact, or if I messed up something somewhere, etc.
There seems to be something wrong...

[Image: 5c5d576c67.png]
[Image: 527c580c61.png]

As for the details, it seems that Absolute Death is not raising damage at all. I have tested Fallcall and it also does not boost the damage dealt to a feared foe.

The attack used for testing is normal attack, I have made sure to unequip and re-equip my weapon. As shown in the screenshot, Prinny was the one taking a beating for said testing.

The weapon used is a Raijin.

Debug log if it helps at all:

NORMAL ATTACK

Debug: Total Power for Lagrima / Lagrima was 95.
Debug: Before Use Skill called. Prinny, Blue Joker, Attack, 1
Debug: Basic Attack - Weapon Lagrima; 0
Debug: Critical Multiplier for this attack is: 140%
Debug: no_armor was in flags
Debug: magic was in flags
Debug: 0&&1

NORMAL ATTACK (ABSOLUTE DEATH)

Debug: 0
Debug: Absolute Death - /obj/skill/absolute_death
Debug: Checking cost negation effects.
Debug: Before Use Skill called. Prinny, Blue Joker, Absolute Death, 1
Debug: Movement: In a battle and no tactarg or tac_move.
Debug: Before Use Skill called. Prinny, Blue Joker, Attack, 1
Debug: Basic Attack - Weapon Lagrima; 0
Debug: Critical Multiplier for this attack is: 140%
Debug: no_armor was in flags
Debug: magic was in flags
Debug: 0&&1
This should be corrected. Whoops.