NEUS Projects

Full Version: Ow, my boo-boos! [Serious Fights and Injury]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can the chance of receiving wounds during serious fights increase by 0.25% per 1% of your HP lost?
Rather than asking if things can happen, perhaps we should be asking why they should happen.
"Neus" Wrote:Rather than asking if things can happen, perhaps we should be asking why they should happen.
Insofar as IC goes, the lower your hp is brought during a fight the more injuries you've suffered and therefore the higher the chance that one was serious or they compound, or something of the like.

Or something like that.
Oh. It's because they're too hard to be obtained at the moment. 0.25~1.5% is the current chance to obtain wounds from major damage taken, which makes any injuries obtained in serious combat (where everybody is determined to not hold back their strikes and fully hold the intend to harm the enemy) QUITE a rare sight to be honest.

I see Vorpal Strikes happen more often than injury, and those are way more impactful than just a fluff red text that appears once in a blue moon.

What I've suggested in regards to lower HP = higher chance is just to make things more universal, since if you just increase the minimum chance to something like 5% it will probably still not affect people who over-invest in DEF/RES. Besides. This can also serve as a limiter of how much one person can keep fighting... It's quite stupid to see someone fight a serious match, then one Fugu Katsu tick, Inn visit or Pizza tick later, they're back for more like nothing happened.

This mechanic serves to tell how much it's humanly possible for you to keep fighting before your body gives in, right? So enhance it, please. It will make things more fun in serious scenarios, I can guarantee.