NEUS Projects

Full Version: Riagri, Aliagmato, and Ritual Sword.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some changes to bring these in line and let them be worth using.
Riagri: Launches a projectile 5 tiles in a target direction based on your bonded youkai's element. Second projectile is launched 45 degrees and the third is -45 degrees. If you have only one Bonded youkai this spells power increases by the youkai's willpower and is extended to 8 tiles. Swords Axes and Spears also count as casting tools.
Rank 1: 25 fp 100% SWA + 80% youkai element elemental attack.
Rank 2: 23 fp 105% SWA + 85% youkai element elemental attack
Rank 3: 21 fp 110% SWA + 90% youkai element elemental attack.
Rank 4: 19 fp 115% SWA + 95% youkai element elemental attack.
Rank 5: 17 fp 120% SWA+ 100% youkai element elemental attack.

Ritual Sword: A Slash that trancends normal strikes, lashing out from the ether. Performs a basic attack that deals slash magical damage and summons your first bonded youkai in 1 range of yourself. If you have only 1 bonded youkai it will be summoned at an unoccupied tile in 1 range of the target and basic attack it right away whether already summoned or not.
Rank 1: 3m 15 fp + 5 bonus damage.
Rank 2: + 10 bonus damage.
Rank 3: + 15 bonus damage.
Rank 4: +20 bonus damage.
Rank 5: +25 bonus damage.

Aliagmato: A fancy strike which takes enemies off guard. Performs a basic attack to all enemies in a 5 tile line, moving along it. Last tile must be unobstructed. Upon finishing your dash you will summon your first bonded unsummoned youkai at your current position to dash past the same line and basic attack along it as well, ending at your original start position. If you only have one bonded youkai, you both gain 25 damage, hit, and crit chance during this. And the youkai will be summoned for it regardless of being already summoned or not
Rank 1: 4m 20 fp +2 damage on both strikes.
Rank 2: + 4 damage on both strikes.
Rank 3: + 6 damage on both strikes.
Rank 4: +8 damage on both strikes
Rank 5: + 10 damage on both strikes.

Feel free to discuss the numbers or debate for or against these changes civilly
Frankly speaking, Ritual Sword doesn't need a damage buff at all. Flat damage wouldn't change where the skill is right now, personally I feel like Ritual Sword should grant a bonus to hit and have a sliiight range increase.

Riagri definitely needs a scaling buff and those numbers look fine to me, not much to really add.

As for Aliagmato, it honestly really needs to be easier to set up considering the skill takes 4m to even use. The bonus to hit/crit is nice, but doesn't solve that whatsoever. I feel like it should hit enemies that pass by your side and your youkais side. (Think, Talvyd Shinken) Also, it'd be nice if the Youkai got double the suggested bonuses for single bonded.
Out of everything proposed I think only Aliagmato needs any big attention. Mostly at its momentum cost, which is extremely crippling. So it's best if the skill gets it reduced from 4M to 3M. Also... The other problem I find with it is that Youkai can't hit shit. So I suggest making them have a 100% chance to hit if they're dashing under the effects of the skill. (And really, this is the only skill that gives Youkai some teamwork credit.)

Ritual Sword could have its range increased by (Rank) tiles, and also make you dash towards the enemy. And as Miller said up there, a bonus to hit instead of damage, since Bonder can't help itself.

Riagri is too snore-worth to need any attention, in my personal opinion. Maybe it could summon the Bonded Youkai when it hits something?
Riagri just needs a rework really, which could come with a bonder rework at some point.

I dare wager that Aliagmato's effect could be moved to a new passive for bonders, which allows the youkai to perform the same Bonder only skill as the summoner is using, at the same time.

That might make Riagri a lot more fun to play around with.
Know what, Spoops idea is really nice for Aliagmato. Maybe we should change Aliagmato to be the passive that let's them mimic attacks, change Ritual Sword to a hanging type attack that counts with axes swords and spears and infernal summon to be a type of elemental compatible physical autohit and lastly let Riagri remain the spell type autohit. Another thought is to allow the new Aliagmato to basic attack with youkai when the summoner does with increased hit on the youkai.