NEUS Projects

Full Version: Sayakensa and stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I feel like 5his item could use a bit of synergy for its niche so here's my suggestions

1) katana's become casting tools for mage and hexer spells, only if hexer is main/ subbed

2 ) sheath sword no longer ends your turn automatically, allow synergy with hexer forced attacks.

3) sayakensa counts as a cursed item in regards to hexer.
It doesn't need to be a casting tool. Clearly you want to use it for your hexer but don't want to change your build. Stop.
Frankly, unnecessary comments aside. I don't think Sayakensa needs any of these suggested changes aside from maybe the suggested sheath sword change for it, it's a niche glove slot item that could use a bit of a buff sure; but I don't think these are the changes it needs.
It's a hand slot cursed item that thematically screams hexer/ kensei

It requires you to use a katana mainhand with it, making it extremely irksome to use as a mage without a casting tool.

What if it required the katana to be doomed/cursed
katanas as casting tools would be way too wild, but sheathe sword not ending your turn just sounds like a nice idea in general (as long as basic attacks/weapon skills and movement cause you to lose the quickdraw status).

cursed item sounds appropriate to its flavor, would the balance be impacted too heavily by that?
Thinking about a bit more, having Sayakensa count as a cursed item in regards to Hexer would actually be a neat change even though I think it would be a tad bit unnecessary since Sayakensa already requires your main hand katana to be cursed/doomed to use its second effect.

Maybe it can count your main hand as a Huggeesoan casting tool if it's cursed? Most of the Hexer kit is infliction based rather than SWA for the most part anyway.
I had a bunch of sheath ideas and was working on iconning them but this was one of the ideas I had for Sayakensa as well, I don't think allowing it to cast Hugessoan spells would be a bad thing save outside of void magic, which is already a volatile thing ICly.

I still highly question why at all you want Sheath Sword and Silent Spirit to interact so hard, its not at all worth the momentum cost since why would you want to spend 6m to force them to attack you which deals damage to you so you can get off the equivalent to a normal basic attack, I still get super confused about that.
Probably because it's cool I guess?
because its cool and highly rp thematic

in a way you can force the enemy throw the first punch.

Also -most- katana's have pretty mxied stats, that don't reach the same swa as other casting tools, also they require SKILL, which as we know hexer has no ice attack spells.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:because its cool and highly rp thematic

in a way you can force the enemy throw the first punch.

Also -most- katana's have pretty mxied stats, that don't reach the same swa as other casting tools, also they require SKILL, which as we know hexer has no ice attack spells.
All katanas scale off of STR. Not all of them scale off of SKI.
Pages: 1 2 3