NEUS Projects

Full Version: Chains Against Sigrogana: Jail sucks, lets make it better.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Willow laughing in the distance.

Jail is a bummer, yes. But as both a guard, and a person who has been in jail for more time than I dare remember (think my current highest is like 20 days or something close.)

If you don't wanna go to jail, don't play criminals. But, I wouldn't mind more being available to do in jail. OOC dungeons would be a nice thing, maybe even add an IC twist on it. Similar to the mines of Markath in Skyrim. You go down there to work while you're in jail, mining/crafting/whatever. A level or two in, mobs start to spawn, too far away from the actual prison for there to be a risk, but it gives you something to do while in there. Have the mobs scale to level similar to black beasts, maybe.

As for the not being able to OOCly grind, that is incorrect. Just hop down Dormeho, slap on an OOC tag and grind away.
1. A debuff when you get jailed would basically be a GM slapping you with one at best, considering that there's no 'system' towards arrests and all in the first place, and I doubt Dev would even give a Guard Player that kind of power.

2. Jail is not meant to be a soft ban, but with everyone pretty much logging off while they're in jail, it probably looks that way. That, and my time/willpower to finish mapping the rest of the Fort has left it in a slightly-lacking state.

3. Shorter jail times would need a counterbalance, otherwise people will just commit crimes willy-nilly and only get a slap in the wrist for it all; that's neither respectful to IC, nor healthy for the PCs in the long run. If I were to be perfectly IC about this change, shorter jail times would come with a significantly faster track to getting executed, which I'm sure that almost no-one would like if it were to be implemented.
Ryuzaki post_id=34277 time=1544065319 user_id=606 Wrote:Willow laughing in the distance.

Jail is a bummer, yes. But as both a guard, and a person who has been in jail for more time than I dare remember (think my current highest is like 20 days or something close.)

If you don't wanna go to jail, don't play criminals. But, I wouldn't mind more being available to do in jail. OOC dungeons would be a nice thing, maybe even add an IC twist on it. Similar to the mines of Markath in Skyrim. You go down there to work while you're in jail, mining/crafting/whatever. A level or two in, mobs start to spawn, too far away from the actual prison for there to be a risk, but it gives you something to do while in there. Have the mobs scale to level similar to black beasts, maybe.

As for the not being able to OOCly grind, that is incorrect. Just hop down Dormeho, slap on an OOC tag and grind away.
No one wants to go to jail. Therefore, no one should play criminals.

The idea you just stated was already stated.

The issue of OOC grinding was discussed already- having a guard have to let you out upon request and be let back in when you're needed for jail roleplay is annoying at best.
You don't necessarily have to be let back into the fort if you OOC Grinding till your sentence is up there are times where people have been OOC grinding while there time is up all it really takes is letting us know that your sentence is up or your due release in which we can just put it down as you've been released.

An example from my knowledge so to speak is one of Apple's characters. But yeah I can agree with both Saw and Ryu on this when they say If you don't want to go to prison don't play criminals. *Insert shrugging here*.
Aqua post_id=34400 time=1545305294 user_id=1961 Wrote:You don't necessarily have to be let back into the fort if you OOC Grinding till your sentence is up there are times where people have been OOC grinding while there time is up all it really takes is letting us know that your sentence is up or your due release in which we can just put it down as you've been released.

An example from my knowledge so to speak is one of Apple's characters. But yeah I can agree with both Saw and Ryu on this when they say If you don't want to go to prison don't play criminals. *Insert shrugging here*.

That wasn't a literal statement I made. It was a knock at logic; no one would want to go to prison ICly or OOCly (barring a few exceptions) so using that as an argument point has little merit.
Pages: 1 2