NEUS Projects

Full Version: Stats' Diminishing Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have thought about this after failing twice on trying to get my stats to have zero diminishing returns.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, is when you are putting points on a stat and as you have scaled stats view turned on, you can see it starting to award you 0.9 and below stat points, while you're still wasting 1 SP each time. This only happens at a certain point, when you have added a specific amount of stat points on a single stat and continue to add more and more afterwards.

My suggestion is basically adding a way for players to be able to see when their stat is 1 SP away from starting to get diminishing returns, whilst they are adding points to that same stat. You can't see that it awards you diminishing returns until you finish setting your stats, and when you finish setting them, the only way to reset what you did is to buy a fruit. It could be something like a pop-up saying 'This stat will not give you full returns anymore! Are you sure?' or it could show the diminishing returns while you are adding points with the scaled stats view turned on.
While it doesn't say it anywhere, even though it probably should, the method that is used to determine when stats start to fall off is every Racial Base + 40 (Aspect and dragon king armor set may effect this in some way), it will start at 0.9 per stat and start going down every 3 stat points by .1 point, so at 10 Base STR your falloff for STR would be 50, and you only gain .9 per point, then every 3 after that you'd go down sequentially, .8 per point, then .7 per point, and so forth.

There is a button to check your scaled stats in the character menu though, this little confusing Davinci thing, and you can do this while assigning stats I believe, its this button right here:
[Image: FAWOd53.png]
Spoops post_id=34287 time=1544220362 user_id=193 Wrote:While it doesn't say it anywhere, even though it probably should, the method that is used to determine when stats start to fall off is every Racial Base + 40 (Aspect and dragon king armor set may effect this in some way), it will start at 0.9 per stat and start going down every 3 stat points by .1 point, so at 10 Base STR your falloff for STR would be 50, and you only gain .9 per point, then every 3 after that you'd go down sequentially, .8 per point, then .7 per point, and so forth.

There is a button to check your scaled stats in the character menu though, this little confusing Davinci thing, and you can do this while assigning stats I believe, its this button right here:
[Image: FAWOd53.png]

I do know there's a button and that's what I meant with the scaled stats view being turned on. Even while it's turned on and you're adding stats, it still doesn't show in any way if that same stat will start getting diminishing returns.

Thanks for clarifying more specifically how the diminishing returns work. Though, I have an issue. I remember my racial base was lower than 10, and even when I had just added 38 or even lower (don't remember exactly) stat points, it still gave me diminishing returns for whatever reason. I had my skills, my traits and my talents all reset too. I followed that pop-up bar where it shows racial base + stat points you put. I think it was something like 7 + 38, and by then it was already giving me diminishing returns. So, I'm wondering. Is 40 points really the limit for full returns or is it less?
Modded stats do not show up in the mouseover information for the stat itself, so if a stat says 7+38 but you have 10 in that stat from mods (like class passives or items) you will continue to see 7+38.

(This doesn't count Traits/Aspects however, those will show up in the mouseover.)
Spoops post_id=34289 time=1544227445 user_id=193 Wrote:Modded stats do not show up in the mouseover information for the stat itself, so if a stat says 7+38 but you have 10 in that stat from mods (like class passives or items) you will continue to see 7+38.

(This doesn't count Traits/Aspects however, those will show up in the mouseover.)

Oooh, so that was why I was failing every single time. I have an accessory which gives me stat bonuses. Does it also count for Skills and Talents? I know there are some skills from my classes which give stat bonuses, do they also show up in the mouseover information?

Either way, my suggestion still stands. I think it would be for a much better experience when adding stats to be able to know when you're about to have diminishing returns. Plus, from this, adding the item and class passive stat bonuses to the mouseover information would be cool too. Or anything at all that doesn't normally show up in the mouseover information.
Bork post_id=34290 time=1544233824 user_id=2038 Wrote:
Spoops post_id=34289 time=1544227445 user_id=193 Wrote:Modded stats do not show up in the mouseover information for the stat itself, so if a stat says 7+38 but you have 10 in that stat from mods (like class passives or items) you will continue to see 7+38.

Oooh, so that was why I was failing every single time. I have an accessory which gives me stat bonuses. Does it also count for Skills and Talents? I know there are some skills from my classes which give stat bonuses, do they also show up in the mouseover information?

Either way, my suggestion still stands. I think it would be for a much better experience when adding stats to be able to know when you're about to have diminishing returns. Plus, from this, adding the item and class passive stat bonuses to the mouseover information would be cool too. Or anything at all that doesn't normally show up in the mouseover information.

I agree, it would be a lot more user friendly at the very least, referring to Skills and Talents, I believe most skills do not apply, and the only talent that does apply is your Star Sign from Astrology, I believe that also adds to the mouseover info, basically anything referred to as a base stat, which was A LOT more apparent in the past in SL2's old stat system, but not this one.
Alrighty. Just confirmed it too. I got 3+39 on the mouseover information of my DEF, but then added the bonuses from classes, passive skills and items, and it calculates to 11+39, which is 50. So basically, I'm guessing 49 total is the limit and adding points after that starts giving you diminishing returns.
Well I more so meant in the reverse order here, there is no way to increase the Racial base stat other than through a Legend Extension Aspect (specifically for STR: Axys Al) and Dragon King Armor set, which is specifically STR, Star signs and talents would increase the latter half which is points invested into the stat.
The easiest solution to me seems like it would just be to have the Scaled Stats button apply to distribution numbers, so that's what I've done.
Neus post_id=34392 time=1545294221 user_id=2 Wrote:The easiest solution to me seems like it would just be to have the Scaled Stats button apply to distribution numbers, so that's what I've done.

Could you please elaborate.
Pages: 1 2