NEUS Projects

Full Version: Tainted but not completely
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tainted (Cursed) - Wielder gains +3 Strength, but suffers -1 to all other stats.

So I think -1 to all stats is rather overboard for only 3 str and it pretty much makes just about anyone dump weapons cursed with this away. It is one of the most underused curses because of how prevalent the penalization is for getting 3 str. It should be changed to something like +3 str -1 vit imo i dont think -1 to /all/ stats is necessary at all.
I can agree to this!
Tainted seems like something that should affect SAN and FAI, logically. My suggestion for that is make Tainted increase STR by 10, but reduce SAN and FAI by 10 each.
Snake post_id=34725 time=1546903033 user_id=310 Wrote:Tainted seems like something that should affect SAN and FAI, logically. My suggestion for that is make Tainted increase STR by 10, but reduce SAN and FAI by 10 each.

That sounds terrible for balance sake, perfect for unga bunga STR builds that didn't build these stats anyway, and serves as a huge stat buffer with little downside to them, not an uncommon or bad build either mind you.
Snake post_id=34725 time=1546903033 user_id=310 Wrote:Tainted seems like something that should affect SAN and FAI, logically. My suggestion for that is make Tainted increase STR by 10, but reduce SAN and FAI by 10 each.

I don't necessarily think it needs a buff/debuff like that. I think its okay at +3 STR, the -1 all debuff however is the big problem. Changing it to just -1 VIT is pretty solid if you ask me. Everyone values vitality. This would bump the curse up from pawn shop material to usable.
Kunai is on to something. Not with the stats, as that is as Spo said. But the flavour should also be considered on the enchant, and tainted does feel like it should affect FAI / SAN, and the things that make you who you are, as it taints you. +3 STR -1 FAI and SAN will make it more viable, but not a massive thing, while still making it seem thematic.
Considering how it takes up an enchant slot, I'm for +3/-1/-1 as suggested.
Mayhap that was an exaggeration of mine, but again, it won't really make it much worth if it stays with small numbers. That's so pre-GR.

A mid-tier could be +5 STR -2 WIL/SAN/FAI, Five stat points versus six.
Snake post_id=34742 time=1546951538 user_id=310 Wrote:Mayhap that was an exaggeration of mine, but again, it won't really make it much worth if it stays with small numbers. That's so pre-GR.

A mid-tier could be +5 STR -2 WIL/SAN/FAI, Five stat points versus six.

Too many stat deductions but I like it. I think +5 STR -2 SAN/-2 FAI is fine you don't need to include a 3rd stat WIL because those 2 alone are very good stats. It's just sitting short of a 1 point comparison at +5 -4 we don't want to completely destroy ourselves.
Yeah. My line of thought came more over the fact that curses should probably not be as beneficial as actual enchants. They do something good, but got pretty harsh drawbacks.
Pages: 1 2