NEUS Projects

Full Version: Power Degradiation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Power Gradiation's usefulness has died down over time, what not with most weapons being able to interchange magical and physical damage on the fly, hell, swords just got a new skill in duelist that also does magic damage.

The only reason its not useful imo right now is because it costs 4m, it only fits into a vent petale build this way given that its a basic attack, I'd love to see it receive the same treatment as most 4m relics from pre-GR do, and cost 3m with a cooldown instead, a small change like this would help put in line with the rest of the sword basics on Duelist's bar, duelist SP is so tight nowadays and Power Grad's FP cost is really high unless you can max it anyway.

So here's what I think, Power Gradiation should be changed to a 3m cost, but receive a 2 or 3 turn cooldown, I think this would suffice.
A bump to this thread due to recent times, warp strike holds a position that is fairly balanced out right now, while providing range and mobility alongside the effect that power grad does, I don't think this would be an unfair buff since nowadays tanks have the option of evening out their DEF and RES (easily mind you)
Much agreed here. Warp Strike having existed and being a better power gradation in general, this wouldn't be too much to ask for, I'd think.

It's certainly not in the level of Eclair Lacroix to warrant a 4m cost on it.
All for this, to be honest.
I disagree with the length of the cooldown for the mentioned reasons though. 2-3 turns for a inferior warpstrike, doesn't sound fair, one should be enough. If even.
I don't think a cooldown is even necessary anymore. The skill's just kind of bad alone. No range, a mere 15+ flat damage for 5 Skill Points and a whooping 13 FP cost for a basic hit when you could use it for Sidecut, or save its use for Eclair Lacroix. Meh, overall.

Lower the Momentum cost to 3M and that's all it needs.

But, if this skill is to be changed to be more interesting, but keep the 4M? Make it consume Voltiger for a damage amplification, that'd be interesting and would make duelists stay at the risk of melee range if used this way.
power gradation just needs a damage buff imo and maybe some mechanical rework so that you have to use it wisely.

a momentum or fp debuff doesn't seem like too good of an idea, because the skill changes your damage to magic. that alone is pretty strong for a swordsman. and it becomes just another ooga booga skill that you can freely use without punishment.

then again this is just my opinion. a lot of skills are like that, so yeah, but eclair lacroix, for example, punishes you with a huge FP + momentum cost, and has to be used wisely. power gradation is trying to be both a grand skill like EL and a minor skill like sidecut, which just doesn't work out.
I don't see a need for Gradation to be buffed in power, it's a magic damage basic attack that plays into fleur... It just need to be 3 momentum and that's it. it would make for a great addition as duelist is a base class so of course it can't be overbearing. 15 damage+ magic damage on a basic with all duelists crit help is just fine at 3 momentum I say.