NEUS Projects

Full Version: Unstuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The majority of modern MMORPG have a simple verb: Unstuck which typically has a many hour cooldown but sends you to a guaranteed safe location. It's used to fix stuff such as being stuck in a battle map without admins needing to get involved. Yeah, it might be a little bit abusable, but it beats waiting 50 minutes for an admin to get on and yank you out of the bugged battle map or so on.

So the suggestion: Add an Unstuck verb with a suitable cooldown or whatever so that we aren't reliant on admins to save us when we get stuck in a bugged battle map.
What it would need to do: Force your current location to outside cellsvich or some similarly reliable location. Could even give it a log post or something so that people can report if it's used to avoid RP.

Attached is a few examples of the bug in the 15-20 times its happened to me over the past few months.

[attachment=216]
[attachment=217]
[attachment=215]

The reason I ended up making this is losing 3 hours of BDP progress due to it happening 50 minutes before a reboot and no admins being available to save us so we could get the clear.
Yeah, this would be an amazing addition...
I was apart of the party that lost 3 hours of solo clearing a level 80+ crazy dungeon due to the damn bug. I cry.
This is a good idea--

But idk why, but the pictures make me laugh.
I would prefer if people report the bugs that allow this and fix those instead.
Its not really a matter of 'Allowing'
It's been happening for months now, the only constant guaranteed source is double-starting the black beast raid will always do it.
The feature request still would be a good idea for the even rarer bugs than this one that also lock you in battles that only turn up once or twice a month.
I would have to agree, it would be very nice to have such a verb. I can't think of any real trigger for why it happens, either. You could always remove said verb if this bug ever gets fixed.