NEUS Projects

Full Version: General Opinion: The Blades of the Promised Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sender: illusionaryheiress@l-net.grm

I am curious about somthing, and as I heard that they dont only operate in sigroganian soil, I thought I would ask for what peoples' opinions on the Blades are.

What do you think earns them their government sanction to do as they currently do?

Do you think their existance might affect relations with, say, Oniga?

Do you think their existance affects businesses?

What do you think their relationship with the guard is like?

Do you think the secrecy of their operations has a place, despite being so public as an organization?

Do you think they are competent?

I suppose most importantly,
Would you say that they are just? or corrupt?
Sender: iceysaucypapi69@l-net.grm

"Well. Since you've made it an open discussion, then I'll oblige this discussion from my observation! Hello hello, I'm Ryuzaki, Cavalier of the Blades. Anyway..."

1- "It's in their slogan that they're akin to an 'Adventurer's Guild' who are welcome to whoever is free of time and can commit to their business. From observation, they don't seem to be anything past or lesser than it, so I doubt the Empire itself has a hand behind them. And about anyone will probably be able to request about anything for them."

2- "I doubt it. Been to Oniga and the people there don't even know what the fuck is a Blades of the Promised Land. One drunkard even laughed at me saying that Sigrogana's blades suck, compared to Oniga's (Katana versus Longsword jokes). And holy shit, that was a nice and accurate one!"

3- "It likely will, just like your run-up-the-mill Adventurer Joe may too. Except the place's an agglomerate of run-up-the-mill Adventurer Joes. Some sort of 'hub' for them. Just like my friend's guild (Los Cazadores) reunites Demon Hunters to risk their lives fighting against real and rare threats, bud."

4- "Haven't seen a lot, but if I was a guard, I'd trust more a qualified person from a place I got information to have my back in situations I'm outnumbered by criminals, than the usual white knights that spring and fail almost comically every time."

5- "They have secrecy as much as we don't have reporters or newspaper boys. What's lacking is not knowledge of what they're up to or not, but people /asking/ about what they're doing. If it's classified, it's classified, otherwise I doubt that'd hurt much."

6- "Competency's something you need to see yourself, chap."

7- "And I think you're just the one who got the wrong message from that guild. Even if the guild was corrupt (which is obviously not the case), what influence do they even have?"

That about wraps all your questions I think, mister/miss 'illusionaryheiress'. My rank ain't something that has enough to give me enough voice to say all I've dissertate here can be firmly be used as a fact, but all's voiced out promptly. If you want to meet personally for a longer chat, I'm often by Cellsvich's square. And I'm certain the others will also be by there.

Anyway, peace!

~ Ryuzaki Drakeheart
Sender: illusionaryheiress@l-net.grm

Well first off. That does raise a question. Why dont we have reporters or news paper boys?

I mean. Last time I heard about somone posting somthing that might not look good for the empire, they got banished.

I've considered going down such a route myself but I have no guarantee that they wont just shut me down immediately the moment I dont say anything nice.

Before I get too far off-topic though, most of your points make sense, but they make me question some things.
Anyone can be corrupt, and while I dont believe the Blades to be nobility, they are a fairly large group. I see the guild badge practically everywhere. And it makes me wonder at points if it is healthy or if they make any room for competition due to sheer size as an 'adventuring guild' - it has influence, to an extent. Maybe not anything crazy, But yeah.

But maybe thats just me.
Sender: iceysaucypapi69@l-net.grm

"I dunno? Maybe people are not interested because it seems like an useless job, compared to cooking, smithing, or exploring Black Doors. I remember back in my younger days that some people were having a blast being Journalists."

"Yeah, I've heard about that. It loops back to what you talked about 'corruption'. Prodding a place that's clearly archaic, with futuristic ideologies, tend to end up in pretty unfortunate situations. I think that was what happened. The unchanging system of the Empire have worked over three centuries already, and I doubt they'll want to change it anytime soon. So the 'jab' from said guy was pretty uncalled for. And this 'someone' simply threatened to ruin the foundations of the Empire by spreading his ideals like a disease. And that's how it got treated, by 'chopping' the problems in half."

"And that's because there's nobody really willing to step it up and make a rival company from the ground up. Neron, our 'head', had the balls and resources to do so and he did his utmost effort, invested blood, sweat and tears into building this up for the sake of improving not only the world, with our jobs, but also ourselves. If anyone wants to make anything like us, they'll have to invest more than just 'i wannit 2 rival', pal."

"And truth be told? That'd be great, having a rival. Not only it would motivate us to work harder, but also the more able bodies available to work for the sake of making the world a better place, the better for us all, combatants and citizen alike, from everywhere at every country! We got enough problems and not enough people willing to solve them, don't you think?"