NEUS Projects

Full Version: Engineer Skill Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a few skill ideas I had to make Engineer a little more fun.

Astute Convenience (INNATE) (RANK 1 MAX)

You like to be prepared for a lot of problems, so you make sure you have as many tools as possible to fix them.

Allows you to equip more than one weapon in your item belt.

The way I imagine this one working is that in your Items drop-down menu, you get the option to switch weapons with their names next to the button. I.E: Switch Main Weapon (Jackhammer)

---------------------------------------

Technical Difficulties (SKILL) (RANK 3 MAX) (4 ROUND COOLDOWN) (30 FP)

Learning how to make fancy things also lets you find out how to ruin them as well. Target one enemy within 1 range and disable their items for an amount of rounds equal to Rank.

Thoughts?
Just reading these I'm already liking the idea of making Engineer fun. It does seem to be a rather boring class at the minute, so I'm 100% for this idea just because flavour.
These are nice. I feel that these ideas fit the idea of an Engineer quite well.
They look good! Totally backing them.
Engineer is a wonderfully fun class to mess around with so i'd certainly support this; give more options for the mechanical gods to grace us with and allow it to shine past the "Bomber Brigade" it gained it name for as of recently
These are nice suggestions, but I don't believe they'd make the class be more used until a change on the robots are made, to which it was already attempted, but to no avail.
I'm all about siding with suggestions that give certain classes unique specialties to make them different and a questionable pick. So yeah, have my +1.
Technical Difficulties should just become a Rogue skill without the drastic FP cost. That's much more their territory than Engineer's, since most belts aren't even that technological to begin with.

Otherwise, sounds good.