NEUS Projects

Full Version: [Que] Holy Eyes of Death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is Holy supposed to interact with Divine Eyes, the autohit version that is, not the basic attack one.

Currently it amplifies the damage of Divine Eyes fully, causing it deal over 525 unresistable damage.
If Holy affects all skills then there's no reason it wouldn't affect Divine Eyes, yes.
It currently only works on skills that are required to make a basic attack, such as cutthroat, Ether Invitation, sidecut etc.

But the skills I refer to, which is what Divine Eyes seems to fall under (Stuff like Bellowing stag/Chaser/Dense Thunder) are not at all influenced by holy, their damage remains untouched whether your target is holy weak or not.
I'm in the firm belief that Holy would become far too strong if it worked with all auto-hits.
And I'm in the innovative belief that Holy could work on auto-hits but with certain exceptions. (Divine Eyes being one of the exceptions.) We got Evasion that helps mitigate some damage. Spirits benefit people who dodge too much since the enchant will never work on them if you can't hit them. Death Knighting is still oppressive. Vampires can now manipulate their holy weakness. Blah blah blah. Way too many things have changed since Pre-GR and I don't really see a reason to not change it.

Holy weakness nowadays is a choice, the same way enchanting a weapon is. But this ain't the place to discuss about it.
Hit stacking is not difficult, specially after the Evade nerfs caused by the removal of Agile Feet / Afterimage.

Evasion also does not work on Divine Eyes.

And you just need Requinite to remove someone's Death Knighting.

Holy has not affected autohit skills (or spells for that matter) for years now. It was believed to be intended to work that way by the majority of the player base far as I know. If it suddenly started working on every skill possible, then it'd really start getting out of hand. A quick example would be someone running a high scaling weapon with two-hand, Combination Strike + On The ropes from MA/Boxer, Reaver and Rising Tide from DH. Let's say the user has 170 Scaled Weapon Attack (which is not too hard to achieve with two-hand even after the change, mind) and runs a Holy weapon, in a world where skills are boosted by Holy.

Getting On The Ropes and Combination Strike to work is not exactly difficult, considering players count as Dense Objects and Stances count as Offensive Class skills. You would just need to get behind someone and do Reaver > Rising Tide in order to get the damage bonuses.

That's roughly 350 damage before reductions. Holy would be able to make it break the 550-600 mark if it worked on autohit skills - that's one of the many examples that could happen if it suddenly started behaving that way.

I don't intend to turn this into a Balance Fu topic, but I felt the need to point out these concerns.

Providing further input into the matter, so far, Divine Eyes and On-Hit effects from weapons appear to be the only things affected by the enchant. On-Hits such as the 50% Elemental ATK from the katanas, Narcus's fiery payback damage, etcetera.
This has been corrected in 2.00.7b. It wasn't passing itself on as a skill use.