NEUS Projects

Full Version: Boring Mutations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When mutating weapons, currently if the weapon type is the same as the rarity it would mutate to, it mutates into nothing new.

My proposed change, if weapon is same type as it's rarity Odd will +1 and even will -1

in practice

a 1* fist will now become a dagger
a 2* dagger will become a fist
a 3* sword will become an axe
a 4* axe will become a sword
a 5* spear will become a tome
a 6* tome will become a spear
a 7* bow will become a gun
a 8* gun will become a bow

Or we could change the way mutations work entirely to instead shift the items type by the number of its rarity up the scale
a 1* dagger becomes a fist
a 7* dagger becomes a gun

The exception being that 8 would be shifted to being +1 instead of +8, heck we could then continue to allow 9* to be a +2 and 10* to be +3.
I wasn't around at the time but I do recall hearing old comments regarding when certain 10*s and such were able to be mutated; such as turtle shell and what it brought about with an unarmored turtle shell MA's. I don't entirely understand the change but I don't imagine changing the things up and around might do too much beyond give a hassle to coding for dev?.. That only my presumption but I feel like there might be some other ways to approach it; brain storming if anything for that.
Mutation can already be very hard to balance sometimes, mutated turtle shell was the absolute worst of it, nowadays they serve as great tools to use for alternate scaling on weapons usually not exclusive to its type, such as a GUI scaling sword or axe.

Usually when new items are introduced there's going to be a few outliers that can be mutated to great effect, a change like this could shake up the whole system however.
The first one would'nt change things up much, breathe some life into some rarely used weapons in the lower rarities that only mutate into their own weapon type.

Example Fuuma mutates into a sword, but with the change it would mutate into an axe, with just the kind of scaling that axes do well with.