NEUS Projects

Full Version: The Higher The Better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Math was way off, oops. But yeah, my 'realistically' was revolving in how most of the PvE fights that are not Crazy. They end way too fast for those to be used, and against bosses, playing a mage with no defenses but Evade/Evasion is extremely risky as you're missing an unreliable 30% damage reduction while casting. And that's even more deadly in PvP scenarios where you're helplessly pitched on a 1v1 against someone who can either silence, hold 90% elemental resistance or annihilate you in less than 2 rounds with raw bronze.

So, this kind of makes me notice. To pull these you'll really need the support of a team. No way in heavens one can possibly do this alone, or in 1v1 scenarios without getting utterly killed to death.

WHICH is fine, to be honest. Since the primordial days of any RPGs, the goal of the party is to defend their big damage dealers with tooth and nail, so these can carry them to a sweet victory. Or utterly fail and be left in dismay as their high risk, high rewarding strategy pops like a balloon. I love this idea.
I don't think it would take that long at all. If you choose to not Charge Mind and go straight into HSDW and chanting that's only 2 rounds to pull it off like Chaos said, you'd cast the invocation at the end of the 2nd round. If you choose to Charge Mind then that's 3 rounds to deal with. It's a fair trade off for attempting to nuke the whole field, it gives people a window to actually do something against you. Now that invocations can't be washed away that's even more of a plus. There's a lot of anti silence measures you can even go with to ensure you pull it off (heron feather, silent prayer, gentle embers, or insane status resist just to name a couple). Also there's Lazarus Wind helping you if they come up in your face.
Pages: 1 2