NEUS Projects

Full Version: Dungeon people counter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Add a counter to dungeons that says how much people are in there, preferably visible from outside of the dungeon. So people can get with other people easier.
While something like this is useful for partying it brings up the worry of people slightly metagaming with it.
You could probably just arrange a group with people in OOC, if you're looking for a party to go with. Chances are if nobody offers there, they probably won't offer in the dungeon either, so I don't really see much need for it.
Im agreeing with Both Apple and Panther here, it seems kinda pointless. As apple said your best just arranging a group in OOC or in the #lookingforgroup chat in the public discord.
The main concern is definitely metagaming and just knowing people are in a dungeon isn't an efficient way to party up with them - they may alga plume out before you even see them for example. If finding parties is actually difficult to do then I don't mind adding something to make it easier.
Neus post_id=35885 time=1553775508 user_id=2 Wrote:The main concern is definitely metagaming and just knowing people are in a dungeon isn't an efficient way to party up with them - they may alga plume out before you even see them for example. If finding parties is actually difficult to do then I don't mind adding something to make it easier.

Admittedly this thread is a near 1-1 replica of what I previously suggested, but I would settle for just dungeons collpasing faster when nobody is inside if that's preferable.

I rarely ever get people to respond in OOC and I don't want to take people out of RP at the square/arena to go do boring BDP runs when they are max level, I would just like to be able to find people to help out in BDPs easier. Playin a support class is pretty boring when you just support mercs.

The current way to find people is look for glowing BDPs since that means they have been open for the longest period of time and not closed, then see if it has cleared floors, you go down 2-3 floors that are cleared only to find out that nobody is actually there anymore so you need to waste a feather or walk all the way back out. I've had to repeat this up to 6 times and not found anyone in any of them.
If there were an option to easily check people who are looking for a group, would people dislike if it other people could see your character level (so they know if they're in your level range)?
I personally wouldn't care if people saw my level. As long as it remains an OOC function it's pretty neat and helpful.
Neus post_id=35927 time=1554083222 user_id=2 Wrote:If there were an option to easily check people who are looking for a group, would people dislike if it other people could see your character level (so they know if they're in your level range)?

This sounds good to me.
My eyes fixated on the party finder. I kind of like this idea.

You could make this more immersive and make this option be enabled by a 'bulletin board' in each city and Badlands Arena. You can either strive to be a party leader and create a group that others can enter, or a party member who submits into one of those groups.

Information aside the Name and Alias, level would not be shown but the Leader could pick the minimum level of the members he would want in their party. (Min LV = 1, max LV = Leader LV)
Perhaps they could have three choices in Preferences, to choose their 'Combat Role' between 'Support' (Healers, buffers and debuffers in general), 'Frontline' (Melee characters, or characters who jump in face first in danger) or 'Backline' (Ranged characters, or characters who need to set up their buffs before going in).

To create a party, you'd need to give out those in a form (and an example next to it, assuming Koon is a Magic Gunner):
- Party's Name: Koon's Pizza Time Party
- Description: I'm after some people to grind through the pizza dungeon, pls help kthx!
- Goals: RP, Farm Pizza mobs for Pizza Disco shield.
- Party Size: 1/4
- Minimum Level: 60
- Roles Needed: 2 Frontline, 0 Backline, 1 Healer (or 'No Requirement', it being an option too.)

(The red-colored stuff are built-in options:
- 'Party Size' going from 2 to 4
- 'Minimum Level' going from 1 to Leader Character LV
- 'Roles Needed' being equal to the amount of people needed, and who is lacking.)

Once the team is meeting the size requirements (from 2 members to 4), all members meet the minimum level required (chosen by the party leader), they'll be ready and everybody auto-parties with the party leader to start adventuring together. Just like in MMOs.
Pages: 1 2