NEUS Projects

Full Version: Receiving Damage from sear from an overlaying battle [v.2.00.8]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason when I spawned a battle against a Prinny from the Statue of memories, I seem to have taken damage from sear from an ongoing battle in the arena. Im not entirely sure if this intentional but seems a little off in my opinion. Given this was on Round 0 and no Magic was used involved using sear tiles from myself in any shape or form.

[attachment=229] Given that it was round one and no skill was used until after this screenshot was taken. I initially thought it was a one time thing but was not the case. As a test I decided to walk in the direction that there was cinder tiles and still took fire damage. [attachment=228]

How to replicate:

1) Have someone use Tarson and use sear.
2) Have someone else use the statue of Memories and use Pinny.
3)Don't use any spells. If you don't spawn in the sear tiles that overlay move towards them and walk over them and watch yourself take fire damage.

(Note that The battle with Tarson mercs must be ongoing while the other is fighting prinny.)

So my overall question is, Is this supposed to happen or not?
Does this happen with all field objects if there's an on-going arena battle?
Not entirely sure but I'll be happy to test such things for you dev.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: unknown.png]

This happens with all field effects that occur in an on-going arena battle. This only seems to happen when it's a fight that's visible in the Badlands Arena map's ring.

Sear, Void Pollution, Voidgates, Cinders, Ice Sheets, and occasionally the boulders created by Stone Dragon w/ Galren.

EDIT: Gravestones too.
This has been corrected in 2.00.9.